The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

datalogging

mountaineerjeff

I know that data logging is one of the most important thing inn keeping our cars running right. I just got a m125 palm and was wondering what else I need and where I can get it?

cable and software. the software i use is MMCD, it is free

Last edited by a moderator:

mountaineerjeff

and where can I get it?

There are many different versions of MMcD, so even I get confused about which one is which. Some versions are more 3000GT/Stealth specific. Here are the ones I have on my server:
Version 1.8G
Version 1.6n

mountaineerjeff

where can I get a cable? ebay?

mountaineerjeff

great, now im just days away from logging! thanks guys

u will also need an adapter cable for a 9 pin serial to ur pda

Last edited by a moderator:

Do a search for a "serial hotsync cable" for an M125. That will give you a serial connection to the PDA, which the logger cable will plug on to.

mountaineerjeff

wait, what? I thought I just needed to buy that cable off of ebay? thats what I bought. now I need something else too?

If your M125 did not include a serial hotsync cable you need one. The datalogger cable only gets you an interface from the ALDL diagnostic connector in the car to a serial connector. You then need to get that serial connection into your PDA, and almost every PDA uses a different serial cable connector. The M125 Serial Hotsync cable should be relatively cheap.

is there a whole kit that you can buy? if there is do you know where i can get one?

mountaineerjeff

this? if so wouldnt I need the 'laptop cable' not the 'pda cable'? the laptop cable would have a male end and the sync cable is female

Heres what I use.

Top cable plugs into diagnostic port next to clutch pedal and then connects to bottom left cable which is plugged into logger for logging while you drive.

Bottom left cable also plugs into bottom right cable which then plugs into port on your computer so you can transfer data to pc.

Bottom right cable purchased at radio shack or other electronics store.

jeff yes that is the cable you will also need to buy if you pda did not come with it. i had to do the same thing that you are doing.

Yes, that is the M125 Serial Hotsync Cable. As long as you ordered a logging cable made for a PDA it will plug right in. The Serial Hotsync Cable has a female connector, whereas a notebook/laptop computer would have a male serial port.
The guy I bought my logging cable from on eBay included a null modem connector for $5 extra that would allow you to use his cable for both a PC or PDA.

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
this? if so wouldnt I need the 'laptop cable' not the 'pda cable'? the laptop cable would have a male end and the sync cable is female

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts