The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

open loop and rich AFR as soon as i go WOT.....

yeti

Just wondering if its normal to go into open loop every time I got WOT and also I go rich while in WOT also
My Knock sensor is got all the goop melted out sh ould I replace that before worrying about anything else.

jepherz

Staff member
Yes, one of the triggers to go into open loop is TPS, so open loop while WOT would be expected.

How rich is it running in open loop?

Yes, you should replace the knock sensor if it's bad, it will affect your knock readings that the ECU uses to pull timing.

yeti

my knock sensor looks physically bad but doesent give me crazy knock reading except for once.

i only get knock during pulls past 15psi..

and is there a way to physically test the knock sensor once its out?

my afr while in WOT is 9.5-11.6

ok glad to hear the open loop is normal,
and when my o2 sensor cycles it only read .20-.80 sometimes higher 1.20+
(im simulating my 02 sensor with link.)

Barnes

1)Stop posting.

2)Replace your knock sensor.

3)Re-log the car and post back with results.

14u2nV

He doesn't understand that, he'll post the same question in three threads, not listen to the advice and then go buy a bigger turbo or something. How hard is it to Understand that you have to FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE before you can add more problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

boostedinaz

^^^^

The exact reason I have not been helping. I am just hoping he will get to a point that all this will be so overwhelming he'll give up and try a different hobby.

Brunoboy

Quoting yeti:
Just wondering if its normal to go into open loop every time I got WOT and also I go rich while in WOT also
My Knock sensor is got all the goop melted out sh ould I replace that before worrying about anything else.

once the KS is done it feels all gooey, replace it. You need to Search and listen to people. All I see from you is the same question Reworded and added to new threads for no reason........

Brunoboy

Quoting 14u2nV:
He doesn't understand that, he'll post the same question in three threads, not listen to the advice and then go buy a bigger turbo or something. How hard is it to Understand that you have to FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE before you can add more problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

This ^^^

yeti

The knock sensor is 130.00 from mitsubishi any other ideas

And I completely understand all of your help and advice sorry if am ignorant and tarded. And the reasoning for rewording my questions is because ita hard to get 100% clarification threw text.

I really do appreciate all of your help sorry if I'm a burden to all of you.

Will report back asap with Correct info. And new logs sorry.

524of1000

This is not a cheap hobby. Most of us have put a couple grand at least into these cars to get them running properly/ look good.

Brunoboy

mine hardly looks good, and with a new motor and a new stage 2 trans and knick nacks plus the car im in it for 13k.....Pay to Play

boostedinaz

Quoting yeti:
The knock sensor is 130.00 from mitsubishi any other ideas

Yes stop buying mods for the car and getting it running correctly first. That is what we have said from the get go and what you keep looking past.

yeti

Yes I understand was just wondering if everyone else went to mitsubishi for their knock sensor and paid 130.00 jnztuning has them for 90.00 and the orielys has it for 87.(but that one probly lacks quality)

And it will be a few days before I get some cash for the KS

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts