The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MAF comp on link. and running lean at WOT

yeti

So I was told I have to adjust the sliders on the maf comp. To use a 2g maf on dsmlink .. I thought all you had to do was check 2g dsm for the maf your using.

Anyways there was no difference in install when I swapped from my working 1 g maf.( all I did was click on 2gmaf and no CEL the car ran fine)

And also how would I richen or lean out the system on link? Using the global fuel adj.? Or the sliders maybe.

I'm just trying to get a idea of how to tune.
(And my idle was at 11.0 now its usally at 13.6-14.5 it just happened out of no where I'm gonna go on link and read some more of their very usefull wiki.

I'm just posting questions to see if anyone can some it up for me
Cause when I read all the wiki's I usually forget the begining.

yeti

I already have the injectors dialed in. Correctly I'm just wondering how you would go about leaning or richening the system do I use the fuel trim?

Dark_Horse

Fuel trims and/or MAF Comp values depending on what your log files show.

Are you at around 0.26gm/rev in your logs?
What does your combined FT look like at idle? Combined FT should be very close to 0.

As long as you're around 0.26gm/rev and combined FT is close to 0, you're probably good to start driving the car around to get a cruise log.

yeti

My combined FT is at 0 constantly, I'll check if I'm at or around 0.26gm/rev.

I'm locked in open. Loop because my wb won't simulate the NBo2.

And I really appreciate your info now I'm grasping the concept..

Last edited:

Dark_Horse

IIRC, combined FT doesn't work in open loop...Only closed loop.

Watch the DSMlink vids that Thomas/Dave posted. Those will get you started.

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

I thought you said there was no way you were going to tune this yourself? Where is your dude that knows how to tune?

Not trying to discourage you but it doesn't sound like you full grasp the concept of link yet. Personally I would suggest you go to The ecmlink forums and post your questions up there. I know tinkering with the values is fun... blowing your engine up is not most of the time.

yeti

^Very much agreed I'm trying to learn the basics and have NOt touched anything yet.

I'm going to do the. Maf comp 1st and see where I go from there.

And my tuner is rebuilding my friends gsx so he's a bit busy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned