The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

i swapped in 3 diff. maf sensors and still code 0012

yeti

Is it the plug on the harness side?

The code came from nowhere about a month ago.

Just driving the all the sudden no revving past 3k rpms

Just wondering what else it could be?

donkeylips

My car is also throwing that code, along with #25. If you've used known good MAFs, then it must be your wiring or your ECU. The next step in my troubleshooting process is to check continuity between the MAF connector, and the ECU connectors. I'm using VFAQ to see which wires correspond to which(ECU pinout, and 2g MAF in a 1g).

yeti

will a multimeter be able to check for continuance,
And am I looking for a steady current?

I'm just a bit confused but understand the idea just don't know what tools are needed to perform test.

89Mirageman

Are you getting a code for the temp sensor too? It would be almost impossible for 3 mafs to be bad. My guess is the caps are leaking on the ecu.

Terry Posten

Just use a multimeter and check the ohms on each wire from the harness plug at the MAS to the harness plug at the ECU. It should be a direct short for each wire.

If the harness checks out, swap in a different ECU and see if that is the problem.

yeti

I don't have another ecu to swap out but I'll check the harness and visually inspect the ecu.

I got a code for 0014 intake air temp. On one of the the 2g maf's

I really do appreciate all the help thanks to everyone.

chrisfullwood

Maybe i'm missing something, but what kind of MAS are you using, have you swapped to a 2G/3G/EVO or is it stock?
If its stock, and the wiring harness is untouched, i would say as the other guys did, time to look at your ECU. You have to go with the most common component as the source of the issue.
I have had similar issues before, but its usually when i forget to plug it back in after messing with something.

yeti

I swapped in to diffrent 2g maf with a 1g to 2g plug and play harness.
And one 1g maf.

I'll be checking the car tommarow

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned