The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock MAS pigtail wiring

donkeylips

I guess I made a newb mistake when I wired in a stock MAS pigtail I received from another member. 108/1000's pigtail was hacked when I got it, so I soldered the new one on there simply matching the colors. The only problem was that the pigtail had a Green-Yellow wire and a Green-White wire, while the car's harness had two Green-Yellow wires. I'm thinking that whatever the pigtail came out of, it must not have been a gvr4.

I started the car for the first time and it idled rough and threw a CEL(totally stock, using a non-eprom ECU and MAS that I'm borrowing from a running GVR4.) Using the $3 radioshack buzzer it looks like the codes are #12 and #25 - Air flow sensor and barometric pressure sensor.

I'm going to swap the two wires in question and see if that fixes it, but I'm wondering if anybody else knows what's up with this difference? I tried looking at the wiring diagram but I'm no expert with those. And how do you know which yellow wire goes to which?

Lastly, are there any common wiring harness hacks that can lead to these codes? It looks like my harness has been messed with a decent amount. Not sure if someone had some kind of AFC or what but there's a decent amount of tape on my ECU connector wires.

donkeylips

So I switched the two wires and now I have 12,13,25. I'm thinking the wiring must have been messed with at the ECU connectors.

*Edit- Just saw the 2g mas in a 1g vfaq and it mentions how the gvr4 has two GY wires. Unfortunately it doesn't provide any information I hadn't already figured out. I'm pretty sure I had it wired right before. What kind of changes to the engine bay wiring harness are common? I don't know what the previous owner did, but it seems like a decent amount of cutting and splicing was done at my ECU connectors, and instead of trying to sort through all of it myself, maybe there is some common reason for changing things around down there?

Everything else seems to be in order, I only have codes related to the MAS. It just runs like I have the MAS unplugged. Although I haven't tried actually unplugging it to make sure it behaves the same.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned