The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newb...

Hello everyone! I'm the proud new owner of 851/1000! I've had a lot of experience with DSM's but this is my very first GVR4. I'm really excited to have found this site as I have much to repair to bring this one back to life. I picked the car up for really cheap and have only had it for the last couple days. When I picked her up the only thing missing was a turbo, so I picked up a big 16g locally and threw it on. Only thing left to get it running is the crazy angled piece of intercooler piping to connect from the turbo to the intercooler.

Names Pete by the way, good to be here!!

I will take some pics tomorrow. It's not much to look at for the moment, should be sending it in to the body shop soon...

GSX_TC

What all does it have done to it besides the big16g?

Quoting GSX_TC:
What all does it have done to it besides the big16g?

Tubular exhaust manifold and o2 housing and a 2g MAS is all for the moment.

Diego

Color?

Did you purchase this on the org? Find it through a CL ad?

Welcome, in for pics as well.

GSX_TC

Nice, maybe it's a dnp. Does it pull pretty hard?

Welcome to the org.! Register your vin through iceman if you haven't already. +1 to some pics. Do you have anything controlling your boost? What about injectors or after market ecu/link/keydiver, to compensate for the more air? GL with your restoration

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are a couple pics as it sits now.....not too pretty but lots of potential..

GVR43-1.jpg

GVR42-1.jpg

GVR41-1.jpg

I'll take some more later of the interior etc. I'm also trying to decide what color to go with on the paint job....any ideas? I personally love black GVR4's. Mine is a greenish color right now i guess.

Thanks for the welcome!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Belieze green huh? Summit white FTW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif She needs some love, but can be done. Make sure you recirculate that bov with a 2g maf

Quoting Dbossman:
Welcome to the org.! Register your vin through iceman if you haven't already. +1 to some pics. Do you have anything controlling your boost? What about injectors or after market ecu/link/keydiver, to compensate for the more air? GL with your restoration

Nothing like that YET, going to keep it on low boost for now. I just picked the car up less than a week ago. Pretty excited!!!

AnotherNewb

Strange upper radiator hose... and I really dig the wheels... maybe im just strange.

"Strange upper radiator hose... and I really dig the wheels... maybe im just strange."

I'm not sure what the normal radiator hose would look like. The rims only came on it so that it would get onto a trailer, I think they're a little scary, they stick out of the wheel wells too far.

GSX_TC

I'd put some clamps on that upper radiator hose and some on the lower one too if it's missing them aswell. I'd also zip tie or do something from having your plug wires touch the timing belt. Before you mod this car make sure u fix what needs to be fixed

Last edited:

"I'd put some clamps on that upper radiator hose and some on the lower one too if it's missing them aswell. I'd also zip tie or do something from having your plug wires touch the timing belt. Before you mid this car make sure u fix what needs to be fixed"

Hey thanks for the advice. Yeah, I removed the clamps from the radiator hose to take it off when I was trying to fit the 2g MAS, just forgot to put them back on. I'll make sure the plug wires don't get eaten by the cam gears either, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IT'S ALIVE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well honestly I don't know too much about the internals on the motor. The previous owner had the head rebuilt not long ago with all the timing parts redone as well. It may just sound like cams since I only have the o2 housing bolted on with no other exhaust.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts