The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

pte 1000cc injector seals please help

yeti

i installed my 1000cc pte's and i did a boost leak test and cannot even build 1 psi because all of the air is rushing out of my injector seals. i can literally see that being to small compared to the stock seals.

should i drill out the middle of the stock seals so they will fit on the 1000cc because right now the inside diameter is to small.???

here is some pics

the seals on the left is from the stock injectors the thin piece of plastic is from the 1000cc injectors...... any suggestions?

alansupra94

Probably have to have grind down since it worked for that guy.

Don't quote me though because if you mess up, its not my fault.

Last edited:

yeti

haha ya thats MY LAST RESORT
i called pte right now and sent them pics of my injectors...

wouldent it be easier to grind the inside diameter of the stock seals to get it to fit around the pte's

dsm10o0

thats what i did. just installed pte 880s on my car and had that same problem. Made the inside of the seal wider to make it fit.

yeti

just did that also, but i still need to grind the inside down more to fit it into the head. because it fits just not an air tight fit.

and i called pte and sent them pics. he said those are honda injectors

dmj

To all newbs this is a prime example of why you should buy from a reputable vendor. One who will sell you parts to fit your car, not generic sh*t that is not compatable with your car.Do some research it will save you money and time.

KiNgMaRtY

You should have checked to make sure you were buying the right parts. I had some PTE 880's on a 1g GSX I had and fit right in.

yeti

Well 1000cc injectors for 150 is quite a deal.

And today I got that air tight fit I was looking for....

And ALSO pte emailed me and said they could convert these to mitsu injectors for $15-and injector.
(But I already fixed my problems with them)

And if you have the extra cash to go straight to the source for your parts. But if your budget building I say its the best to get off PEOPLE.

THANK YOU everyone for advice

TylerAdamson

I would highly recommend that you convert the injectors. Is that $60 you're saving by not doing so going to buy you a new car when yours burns to the ground from faulty injector seals?

GSX_TC

What do u mean by you have already fixed the problem?

yeti

The problem was that when I BLT ALL of the air was rushing by.

I fixed the problem now there is no air rushing out of seals.

Maybe if I was a scared white man I would pay 60$ for conversion.
But untill then I think I'll take the chance.

+ I've never had gas come out of the seals even when they were completely not fitting.

(I started the car and was at. 3000rpm idle. And could hear air rushing into the seals....at idle and I saw no traces of fuel, but thanks for the advice I know I would discourage someone to put a risky fuel system part in their car.)

boostedinaz

Quoting yeti:
Maybe if I was a scared white man I would pay 60$ for conversion.
But until then I think I'll take the chance.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Possibly famous last words. Classic.

dmj

Guy; Lose the attitude and PLEASE take some good advice ,spend the $60.00 and get the injectors converted to mitsu style, or sell the ones you have for a profit and buy the correct ones that fit your car.I am sure a lot of people will agree nothing good is going to come out of this. This reminds me of an old English saying "Penny wise but Pound foolish"

yeti

Quoting dsm10o0:
thats what i did. just installed pte 880s on my car and had that same problem. Made the inside of the seal wider to make it fit.

Sayith twat.

Looks like I'm not the only one. Can I ask if there's a reason your not jumping down his throat looks like he did the same thing. (Other than its my thread)

And hard to lose the attitude when you get talked down to and get used as a PRIME EXAMPLE..
You know maybe if I had 60.00 to give to pte but another reason is there going to do The same thing I did MAKE them FIT.
So in a few months when I got cash I'll send them off and report back with diffrences
Thanks for advice

Last edited:

alansupra94

Quoting yeti:
Well 1000cc injectors for 150 is quite a deal.

And today I got that air tight fit I was looking for....

And ALSO pte emailed me and said they could convert these to mitsu injectors for $15-and injector.
(But I already fixed my problems with them)

And if you have the extra cash to go straight to the source for your parts. But if your budget building I say its the best to get off PEOPLE.

THANK YOU everyone for advice

Lol I just bought 1600cc for 160 shipped. Best deal ever.

yeti

just incase anybody ever wondered,

precision was going to grind the flared end on my injectors for 15$ a piece, i did this today and seals fit perfectly with a 1mm spacer(or a strip of electrical tape) and stock seals fit perfectly..

these are on 1000cc pte. "honda style" injectors

James

I hope they flow differently than Mitsu injectors.
Then I hope they are to fudged up for you to sell.
Then I hope you don't have the money for Mitsu injectors
Then I hope you sell the car -_-

You're an ignorant car owner. You can only take so many shortcuts before it all comes full circle on you.

Lol.....- click

Last edited:

yeti

^ and you better keep quiet when i drive my car to florida /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

got alot of confidence online well see about that in person

I DO PLAN ON TRAVELING AMERICA THIS YEAR..

please let me know how capable are you, not at all, since pte would of done the same thing jackass, they use the same resistance for these injectors only different is tips i called pte my self..

people like you make me laugh, no finesse, ingenuity, or any type of creativeness at all, you sir are not street smart.. good luck with your life

click

INCASE your too inbred to read post

"Yeah I called PTE today and got a lot of help. Mine have the little flair on tip of the injector which won't fit our 13mm insulator. They come from PTE with a 14mm insulator. So what they do to there injectors for a Mitsu style fit is they grind down the little lip that is at the tip of the injector. In doing this you can now put on the plastic sleeve on the injector and then put the OEM size insulator and have no issues. I looked at another set of PTE's I have laying around and to my surprise the lip was grind down and the sleeves were on them. I never thought to look at the other set I had. But I got the issue cleared up, and now will be getting rid of the lip. Thanks PTE!!!"

Once again cant wait to meet you... I wont hold any grudges just will laugh when you DONT call me a stupid POS to my face.. Once again no hard feeling cant wait to meet ya!!!!

+ everything i ordered from rock auto will be put to use on this engine im building and the build i just made

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts