The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

afraid to start car.

yeti

i just installed AFPR, 255 walbro rewired, 1000cc PTE injectors, wired in 2g maf, TPS sensor and i think thats about it oh and got bung welded in downpipe and have innovate lc1 installed (i still need to connect the yellow wire to the ecu for dsm link to simulate the dead o2 sensor.

im NOT TUNING there is no way in hell i am going to tune this so im just trying to get it ready for the more experienced tuner coming over.

now when i start link up i can only tell it that i have installed a 2g maf and 1000cc injectors, or is there more i need to dial in.

that's my only question

yeti

so......

my laptop has been broken by thy parents!!!!!

i left it there for 2 days... TWO DAYS!!!!!!

Last edited:

DR1665

thou shalt not leavest thine laptop unchaperoned in the presence of ye olde, lest thou be willing to accept defeat.

preacheth it!

WaRrIoRs16

You also might have to dial in your TPS to get the proper voltage reading at WOT and closed throttle. There is a tutorial on the ECMLink website.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Things you should do:
-Make sure all your sensors work
-Calibrate TPS sensor
-Set deadtimes for injectors

I can't think of anything else since your tuner is going to be doing it.

I thought DSMLink was easy to use....

yeti

And I should connect the lc1 output to the narrow band wire on the ecu. So I can simulate the 02sensor because mine is dead.

Dark_Horse

Why not tune it yourself? DSMlink is extremely simple to use.

Set global fuel (-55% is your setting for 1000cc injectors)
Set dead-time (either 450 or 330 depending on whether you have FIC or PTE)
Change MAF type to 2G
Turn key
Go

Takes maybe 5 minutes. Then start logging and tweak your settings from there. Here's a good starting place once you get the car to idle. click

Last edited:

jmorri15

i heard something yesterday that is so true "chances are someone dumber then you has done it before". I had never taken out an engine till i pulled my galants, i had never pulled a trans till i did it on my 3kgt. theres such a great knowledge base for link you should at least try it and if you cant figure it out im sure someone would be willing to come over and help you out.

BPU925

Quoting DR1665:
thou shalt not leavest thine laptop unchaperoned in the presence of ye olde, lest thou be willing to accept defeat.

preacheth it!

lol.....PREACH ON!!!.....

How does "afraid to start car" have anything to do with setting base parameters on dsmlink?

yeti

^

^ what did you expect me to say "im afraid to start car because i put a rock in the spark plug well"

i just have never done anything much to cars....

and a reason i should of been AFRAID IS BECAUSE THE FRIEND WHO HELP INSTALL MY AFPR never tightened the fittings together and gas dumped all over my car when i went to start it.(good thing i had GF watch the afpr lines while i cranked it.

but thats all fixed now car was started and runs like sh*t.
idles at 3000 then lowers to 2000. my afr are at about 13.6 at idle 10.0 at other times.

fixed the 450cc maxing out i am now only using 8% of injectors at 100% throttle.

and i dont know where to start on ecm link, HOW DO I GET IT TO IDLE? JUST TYPE IN WHAT IDLE I WANT THEN PRESS APPLY TO ECU? cause that never really works.

but i will read on in the ecmlink wiki

AnotherNewb

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif a rock in your sparkplug well?

High idle: start with all your basic stuff. Vacuum leaks, if I read correctly you don't have a front o2 sensor. You can't just tell link what you want your idle to be, you have to adjust your biss screw accordingly. Have you set base timing? Throttle cable too tight? Did you soak your fiav in brake clean? Boost leak test would be helpful in finding many of these.
Really you should be on the link forums asking for help. It sounds like you just need to correct a few settings then go from there.

Quoting yeti:
^

^ what did you expect me to say "im afraid to start car because i put a rock in the spark plug well"

i just have never done anything much to cars....

and a reason i should of been AFRAID IS BECAUSE THE FRIEND WHO HELP INSTALL MY AFPR never tightened the fittings together and gas dumped all over my car when i went to start it.(good thing i had GF watch the afpr lines while i cranked it.

idles at 3000 then lowers to 2000. my afr are at about 13.6 at idle 10.0 at other times.

fixed the 450cc maxing out i am now only using 8% of injectors at 100% throttle.

and i dont know where to start on ecm link, HOW DO I GET IT TO IDLE? JUST TYPE IN WHAT IDLE I WANT THEN PRESS APPLY TO ECU? cause that never really works.

My whole point is that the heading doesn't really match the post. I saw "afraid to start car" and expected the post to be something like "a small rodent ate a hole in my I/C coupler and I don't know if that little bastard is still in there or not."

I wasn't expecting a post about how you did a bunch of awesome things to your car and now you're waiting for someone to come tune it.

donkeylips

Yeah someone had a thread about being afraid to work on their car because of black widow spiders; I was expecting something like that.

Or maybe you're like one of those people on Maury who have irrational phobias.

Dark_Horse

Quoting yeti:

1. Set idle in DSMlink to 850RPM.
2. Since you have 450cc injectors, put the global at 0% and your dead time at 0.
3. If idle doesn't change, get screwdriver and turn BISS screw until idle RPM drops.
4. With the car idling, go disconnect the vacuum line from your FPR and adjust it until you are at 38psi base pressure. Then reconnect the vacuum line.

Even if your O2 volts read 0, the car will still idle.

boostedinaz

Given your history and unwillingsness to learn about stuff before posting every possible question, just wait until your tuner comes over and gets the car dialed in.

yeti

dont know how im not learning but thanks,

and i got 1000cc injector (940cc cause there pte)

and the only reaSON I HAVE SEEN IS THAT I CANT build any pressure while boost leak testing because all of the air is rushing out of all the injector seals

im going to make a new thread on the pte 1000cc injectors seals

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned