The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Took my first dive into Mitsubishis!

donkeylips

The whole time I was looking at the pics I thought it was Summit White and my eyes were playing tricks on me or the photos were messed up... then I saw the Belize Green engine bay! I have the same wheels, and I like the look of them with your wingless car. Congrats on the pickup and welcome!

GSX_TC

Congrats man, she's a beaut that's pretty cool how this is your first one. Don't crash it or rag it. Treat her good man these cars are rare

OoThomioO

Yeah, only problem is I'm trying to sell all my honda parts from my last car to pay for my new manifold etc...So even though it'll be at the house shortly, driving it will be at the mercy of buyers lol. Only plans I really have for this car once its up and running is to put carpet in it, replace any oem parts that are missing, and clean every inch of this car. Gonna also check the front bumper as I see its sorta wave-y.

GSX_TC

Maybe the bumper support is missing that might be why it's wavy

broxma

To answer the question you didn't get an answer for yet, yes. The carpet from the base is the same. Interior wise, they have the same setup regardless of trim, just different stuff inside. This of course is assuming you're talking about a base 91-92. For the entire generation, some things fit, some don't. I personally know the manual seatbelts from the 89 are not a "bolt in" as many have claimed.

We usually have a few base models in the yards around here. If you need something specific, give me a holler.

/brox

DR1665

Well done! She's a beaut, Clark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

OoThomioO

I appreciate the answer, dunno how the interior is or if the guy even cleaned it up, but once I get it here and cleaned up i'll have some pics. Might need a few parts so I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks

Ive seen this car before on a forum but i cant remeber where the hood is unmisstakeable and the fact that it had a 35r. i think his name was EVAN?

OoThomioO

That was gonna be another question I had down the line...I have not seen another vr4 with that hood. Dude's name I picked it up from was Andrew

OoThomioO

Its always too good to be true. The car's roof, which wasn't pictured, had the rain rails welded shut...which is now rusting towards the windshield...So much for rust free car. Car came missing an intake manifold, but had the exhaust manifold, whereas his ebay post stated it needed just an exhaust manifold. The front and back bumper needs to be fixed, they are both sagging. Small surface rust throughout the car, the intercooler piping is literally exhaust piping. If it wouldn't cost me another 600 bucks to ship it back I would and get my money back. Only thing thats making me not lose my cool is the motor, which we'll find out today if its all that it is supposed to be.

Stay tuned for the next update, or watch TN local news for a murder lol

marvinmadman

Whoa! could be worse. I'll go check it out this weekend for sure.

donkeylips

If you buy online without seeing the car in person always request tons of pics. I did that with a TSI that I was having delivered for $500 that was advertised as having a 4-bolt rear end. I asked for pics of the diff and its axles. He sent me lots of pics, but none of the diff or axles. When he dropped it off I saw that it had a 3-bolt and told him I would still give him $275 or he could take it back.

OoThomioO

Update:

The guy is finally back in town but cannot locate the IM or any of the accessories. He's only sending me keys and the dsmlink atm.

So throttle body/Intake manifold/fuel rail/injectors....what else is on the vr4 intake manifolds...the coil pack? Trying to get a list of what I'd need and either order aftermarket or ebay search for stock parts, but we've already seen how ebay got me : /

Anyways frustrated and wished my first dive would of been in a less headache situation.

donkeylips

Doesn't sound like too much of a headache, more like standard procedure.

OoThomioO

Almost going on a month...missing parts...rusted yet described as rust free.

Wait...I did purchase off Ebay...touche good sir

fuel

2WD carpets wont fit in the 4WD floorpan, you'll need GGSX or GVR-4 carpets.

chrisfullwood

My entry into galant's was much the same. several years on, same car still finding stuff. But once i got it running, even with its issues, its still the most fun car i've ever owned, regardless of boost leaks, and funky idles, weird noises, and spending most of the time staining my driveway. Most guys love to tinker with cars, you imagine back in the day people adjusting carbs and stuff on there muscle cars.

well god saw this age old pass time going away with cars increased reliability, so he planted the VR4 in designers brains knowing it would feed the tinkerers of our generation.

mikus

^ plus a billion, I wound up here after about a dozen fullsize 60's cars. It's a lot harder to enjoy a car that gets 10 MPG anymore. Man, gas was under a dollar when I started driving.

Missing intake stuff is seriously no big deal, people practically give IM's and fuel rails away for these cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts