The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Master Cylinder repair

Diego

Bought a repair kit for my clutch master cylinder from RockAuto..... anyways what am I looking at getting into. Any advice on what to look for or anything I need to adjust after replacing?

Any tips are helpful

A tip yes.

Take the master cylinder to a very clean place to re build it, wash your hands and make sure NO forign debris get in there, no dust, no hairs etc, Kind of like brain surgery lol. This is what I was tought. Also check the master cylinder bore very closely for marks or imperfections.

Why not do the Slave cylinder at the same time?

Diego

Replaced that last month just trying to track down Wtf is wrong with my clutch being mushy...... this way if this doesn't fix my peddle feel then I will have to investigate the internals, hell my clutch and tranny doesn't even have 100miles on it since new.....

Are you having any trouble changing gear? does the car shudder when it's at idle clutch in, in gear? just had a problem with a toyota corolla with these things, was hard to shift so I double clutched it whitch made it even harder to shift. Was a master cylinder.

Diego

uhm.... so does anyone want to chime in on how to disassemble this master unit.... i have it out of the car... and im going WTF.......

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts