The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Do all 91-92 VR4's have power locks?

GSX_TC

Do all usdm vr4's have power locks because I don't.

I've never seen a vr4 without power locking, the exeption might be the VR4-RS which has wind-up windows (atleast the ones I've seen) and probably manual locking too.

GSX_TC

Hmmm I wonder why mine don't work then, there's not an actual button to push to unlock or lock them huh.

SouthCaliVR4

No button, either of the front locks will make all four lock or unlock, rears don't. should also all unlock or lock with the key.

GSX_TC

Yeah mine def don't do that. I have to manually lift up or push down the lock when I need to open them. Anybody ever have this problem?

dsm10o0

I just figured out this problem with mine.

Take off your under dash panel and you will see 3 relays down there. Its the middle one. iirc, its a 7 pin

GSX_TC

I'm horrible at reading wiring diagrams lol so I just gotta relace that one relay then?

GSX_TC

Ok fuse is good, so it's gotta be the relay then huh

Diego

Mine used to when i first put it back together, the locks would lock when I started driving IIRC.... now it doesnt lock unless i manually lock them... ill find the fuse or the culprit someday...

chucklesas

The wires leading to the actuators inside the door sometimes become disconnected too. Although, for both passanger side and drivers side to have this occur, probably isn't as likely as some sort of relay issue.

GSX_TC

So you don't think it's the relay then?

donkeylips

Back to your original question, FYI all of the USDM Galant VR4s are the same car with the exact same options except for color, sunroof or not, and stereo choice. The only other differences you are going to see are in the '91-'92 differences such as a different ABS unit, grill, tail lights, wheels, badging. So power locks were not an option but standard along with everything else.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned