The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whats a good price to weld a bung into the exhaust.

yeti

I got a shop quoted me 50$ if it easy to get to would they have to take anything apart to get to the 10-2 spot in the exhaust.

I cannot get the old o2 sensor out so I'm gonna have a bung welded in and simulate the o2 sensor threw dsmlink.

And just keep the old o2 sensor in there(cause its broke)

turbowop

Pull off the downpipe yourself and take it somewhere that can drill the hole and weld in the bung. Just mark the spot before you remove the downpipe.

dewman

$50 sounds about right. When I got a o2 bung welded in,it literally took the guy 5 mins. threw it up on the lift,torched the hole where i told him,an put the bung in.

Yeti, i got a extra bung with a plug if it will save you any money off your quoted fee (free from me just pay ship or pick it up in fontana). If i recall correctly, Garfield (tuners nation) charged me 30$.

Sorry you can't get the original out...replacing the stocker with a WBO2 and then simulating the analog for the stock O2 would have been ideal (at least it was for me). Whenever I get something welded they think that I am rich. This is why I haven't had anything welded in years. Good Luck!

BoostedAWD91

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
My welder charged me $5 to do something like that.

Our welder is the best!! She has welded mine o2 bungsfor a few bucks, did my entire intercooler piping for $20 and alot of stuff for free.

SmoothCustomer

Female welder? That's something you don't hear often. $50 seems a little steep, but welding is expensive and if you don't know a guy it sounds about right.

It's not hard to do....I think I got lazy once and paid meineke in charlotte $20 to do it....call around because $50 is high IMO.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Female welder? That's something you don't hear often. $50 seems a little steep, but welding is expensive and if you don't know a guy it sounds about right.

yeah she owns the shop. Its just her and i believe is her brother. She will weld anything or try and build whatever you want. She is a amazing welder!!

yeti

If I can get it for cheaper ill hop on it.

Where exactly do I want the wideband bung welded on the downpipe.
36" from the turbine.

mikus

there's an exhaust shop nearby that has employed a couple lady welders.. there's something hot about it.

OMFGeofffff

^^^ Well exhausts do tend to get pretty warm
dodgy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned