The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1st time at the drag strip need advice

yeti

Ok so the galant probly hasn't raced in over a year so what should I replace and lookover before going to the track

GSX_TC

Any leaks, tire pressure, might wanna try to run your empty so u can add race gas for the track then turn up the boost a lil more. My 2 cents..

Brunoboy

all maintenance...... make sure your car isnt leaking or anything, boost leak check, tire pressure ect..

boostedinaz

Have you fixed an of your previous issues? If not then fix those first.

yeti

im replacing whats left to do as soon as my afpr and fuel pump get here.

my only other leak is from injector seal and BISS screw.
(everything else i know is fine)
and should i go get new differential fluid and new gear oil?

GSX_TC

Unless they are passed due or empty, than no

RedTwo

Check the accelerator initiation device. Ensure the base plate fully extends and connects the pedal with the floor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

Yeah ... I actually don't do that anymore, I think there is something wrong with my car. The closer that pedal gets to the carpet the more the cabin gets filled with a noxious odour ... and screams, lots of screams!

yeti

should probably clean the HAIR OUT OF MY TURBO, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif you know like a vacuum??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned