The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

strut tower bars

MMCVR4

They help a bit to stiffen the chassis and decrease body roll, especially during hard cornering.

MMCVR4

The CUSCO bars I have are VR-4 specific. The 1G AWD are probably different.

yeti

Sorry didn't mean to say your were junk I meant the one in my link.
And you say the gotta be vr4 specific...good info thx

MMCVR4

That's cool! I should put new stickers over the CUSCO that says JUNKO. It still sounds JDM!

524of1000

Quoting yeti:
Sorry didn't mean to say your were junk I meant the one in my link.
And you say the gotta be vr4 specific...good info thx

They do not have to be VR4 specific. You can run 1g strut braces HOWEVER if you have cruise you will have to mount them backwards. If you do NOT have cruise, they fir normally. I have 1g bars, front and back on my car, before and after cruise deletion.

*edited for clarity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

That Cusco bar is junk take it off and send it to me I will dispose of it for you....

MMCVR4

Quoting 524of1000:
They do not have to be VR4 specific. You can run 1g strut braces HOWEVER if you have cruise you will have to mount them backwards. If you do NOT have cruise, they fir normally. I have 1g bars, front and back on my car, before and after cruise deletion.

Interesting! I don't think CUSCO made strut bars for a 1G F/AWD, if someone wanted to go with them, but lots of other options available.

524of1000

Sorry, that was about strut bars in general, not any specific brand.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts