The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

will any 1g DSM fuel sending unit work on VR4?

fongvr4

mine is too rusty. I am thinking about to go to junk yard to find a unit off 1g DSM if it fits. I mean off 1g eclipse, GSX, talon etc turbo model.

thanks for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

donkeylips

No, they're different lengths. You need one from a VR4 or GGSX.

GSX_TC

Can't u just go to the local vatozone and pick a brand new one up?

donkeylips

Not speaking from experience but there's no way you're gonna be able to get a new gvr4 sending unit. The OEM units might not be discontinued but would be really expensive. I've found that even for pretty common vehicles the auto parts store sending unit is also quite pricey.

Try disassembling it and sandblasting it. If your tube is about to break off, maybe look into getting an AN bulkhead fitting. Someone locally once mentioned that they knew how to modify the 1g sending unit to work. I don't know how, and I've never looked at them side by side.

And not sure what you were asking, but you can use a fuel pump from a 1g.

fongvr4

thanks for the information.

I saw a post somewhere that there is a online store sells a modified cover/sending unit(all plastic/pvc) with fittings. I can't remember where. Can someone post it again?

thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts