The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just bought A Galant VR4 but have had DSM's for a while already

GSX_TC

Hey whats up guys just introducing myself. my name is Mike, and I've had my 90 GST for almost 8 years and my 91 GSX for almost 7. yesterday i finally picked up a 91 Galant VR4. so i just thought i'd share that with yall. anyways here's the pics.

I've always wanted one, and got it for 3500, now i have a GST,GSX and a Galant VR4. its a 91 #550 of 2000, and its basically stock which is what i wanted. it has a 5 lug conversion, and a 4bolt rear end. I named her Samara. Here are some pics after i cleaned it up a lil.

mhgbj5.jpg

169hv69.jpg

21lnc6w.jpg

6hrjwg.jpg

28lc501.jpg

6ib0jr.jpg

2hyezd0.jpg

Nartanian

Nice pick up man. Also curious to know about your suspension/wheel setup.

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, I love my galant VR4!! Suspension front: kyb gr2's Rear: Kyb AGX's with eibach sportlines all round.

raptorWagon

Why not just go AGXs all the way around rather than mix and match? Welcome and remember a GVR4 is not a DSM.

GSX_TC

Galant VR4's aren't considered dsm's?

raptorWagon

No, because all 3009 were imported from Japan, not built in the states and they predate DSMs. These Galants are the 6th generation where as DSMs were in their 1st generation in '89.

IncorpoRatedX

beautiful car, but please fix that god awful exhaust with something more tasteful.

GSX_TC

Hey is my galant VR4 "Nile Black"?

maroonmetallic

All '91 VR-4's (that were sold originally in the US) came as Belize Green, Summit White or Nile Black.
Sometimes paint fades differently in different parts of the country. Waxing & care also play a part in a vehicle holding its color.

I might be going out on a whim, but your car doesn't look like Summit White. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Ok thanks

GSX_TC

Here are a few New additions to the VR4, it was down for almost a week, and a Friend of mine named Kris got her back on the road by fixing a few things that were messed up on it, like the alternator and how it was wired up, and look at this tensioner, the previous owner welded it, and the timing belt was changed aswell because there was a bolt that was rubbing against it. and a few oil leakes. Thanks Kris! =D anyways i Got my JDM badge for the grille and a set of 3K HID's and my GalantVR4 . org decals and i also replaced the driver foglight because it was broken. hope you like

Mike

262shfl.jpg

2iqem4l.jpg

2d8mi9s.jpg

qz52kl.jpg

2ex0953.jpg

2ic1hlc.jpg

RedTwo

Quoting maroonmetallic:
I might be going out on a whim, but your car doesn't look like Summit White. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Well... that is unless you look at the right hand side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Yeah ok whatever u say. Halogens suck

raptorWagon

What Wop is saying is true, not opinion. To effectively use HIDs, you need at least the clear '93 housings otherwise you are just scattering light everywhere and blinding other drivers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

GSX_TC

I do plan on getting either the clear 93's or a set of Jdm 91-92's.

turbowop

Not even correct with the '93 lights. You need proper projector beams to use HID's effectively, or a reflector housing made specifically for HID's.

People need to stop spending money on cheap sh*t. It's the Autozone accessory mentality. I realize Chinese HID kits are cheap as f*** now, but does that mean you need to spend the money on it because every local rice boi with a Honda is doing it? No. It does the car no justice and actually makes your headlights worse than stock, not to mention annoying to oncoming drivers. Congrats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned