The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

megan racing a.f.p.r. 70.00$

yeti

click

i need to order an afpr im getting a 255lph fuel pump and 1000cc injectors for 205$ would like to add this but dont know about the quality.

Its not a rising rate f.p.r. so does that mean i would have to adjust fuel pressure when changing boost levels?

any input is appreciated

thanks Colin

JSchleim18

For boost applications, it is recommended to get a rising rate FPR. For every pound of boost you run, it'll add an extra pound of fuel pressure.

With that said, I have a nice kit for sale for you at a good price.

Honestly this is one part you want to spend the extra $ on. Im not saying the full throttle one is bad, I'm saying in this case I'd go for somthing like Aeromotive or somthing similar.

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

Aeromotive for sure..... speaking of, does anyone know what liquid they use in the guages, as i went to snap a picture it seems my guage is a bit low of fluid... so what kind of fluid fills them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif (sorry for the thread jack)

Adorsey

Probably a sort of alcohol. A guage needs fluid when mounted to the motor. In your case its not really needed, but I would have the same preference to just fill it up.

beaner

Megan Racing = China. You might as well get a FPR on eBay for 15 dollars, because its the exact same thing.

yeti

Anyone know of the aeromotive knock off
I hear its the same and can use the same rebuild kit
click

Oonly probs are rubber diaphram ends up ripping and causing the fuel to drain into the vaccum lines

But I've heard you can replace the diaphram with aeromotive Parts and others if you want.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Adorsey:
Probably a sort of alcohol. A guage needs fluid when mounted to the motor. In your case its not really needed, but I would have the same preference to just fill it up.

Wrong. Gauges are filled with glycerine, not the song. Its used in engine bays to dampin vibrations. In your case its a cheap gauge that wasn't completely filled to begin with, and no it can't be filled easily.

524of1000

Quoting yeti:
Anyone know of the aeromotive knock off
I hear its the same and can use the same rebuild kit
click

Oonly probs are rubber diaphram ends up ripping and causing the fuel to drain into the vaccum lines

But I've heard you can replace the diaphram with aeromotive Parts and others if you want.

The fuel system is not something to cheap out on. You can get a real Aeromotive AFPR for a great price if you look around. I paid $150 for my Aeromotive WITH my Wally 255 BNIB.

yeti

Ok I'll look around for some brand name ones for the right price.
I understand that this is probably something to use trusted parts.

Can anyone tell me if the aeromotive install kit
Is a bolt on to OEM fuel rail?

524of1000

Like I mentioned, I bought mine as a kit so it came with the Wally 255, Aeromotive AFPR, some stainless braided fuel line and related AN fittings to make it bolt on. Some experiences may differ...

boostedinaz

Quoting yeti:

ALWAYS use trusted parts. When you don't and they fail it will cost you more money that doing it right the first time would have cost.

Quoting yeti:
Ok I'll look around for some brand name ones for the right price.

Can anyone tell me if the aeromotive install kit
Is a bolt on to OEM fuel rail?

I don't recall ever seeing a aermotive FPR that bolts directly to the fuel rail. You will need some fittings to use a nice FPR. STM has a kit you can buy. If you search this forum in the tech section you will find info why the fuelab seems to be the best choice. Can't go wrong with an Aeromotive though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned