The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just ordered ecm link

boostedinaz

Quoting yeti:

hopefully il understand it.

Me too, because motors are expensive. Keep that in mind when playing with it.

alansupra94

Meh I sold it. Too expensive considering that you can get an Ostrich 2.0 and free speed density software (Jackal). Plus they have a chatroom/voice server so I get realtime help and support.

Okayplayer

Any more info on Ostrich, how hard is the install, and use of it?

Barnes

Are you serious? You can barely figure out any of your other problems and you order an engine control system that is one step below a stand alone??

boostedinaz

Quoting yeti:
^gotta rain on my parade^

and i will be taking very very special steps when messing with it...

Don't take offense to this but based on your other post here on the forums I would say that you should leave tuning to someone with experiance or wait until you get all your porblems fixed first.

DSMlink is a great product and has a TON of support.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Quoting Okayplayer:
Any more info on Ostrich, how hard is the install, and use of it?

Depends on your learning curve to be honest. I just read their tuning guide and probed the designer to understand how everything works. I find that I can use things better and more efficient if I know how they work.

Currently I am running on a based map with small adjustments for idle. Been breaking in the motor and not really pushing it too much. After this weekend, I am ordering a new O2 sensor for my AEM and finishing up the tune and possibly an E85 tune so I can pass smog regulations.

Quoting alansupra94:
Meh I sold it. Too expensive considering that you can get an Ostrich 2.0 and free speed density software (Jackal). Plus they have a chatroom/voice server so I get realtime help and support.

Why is it everytime someone mentions DSMlink somone post's this sh*t about dsm map or Jackal program is a joke compaired to dsmlink program and support.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeti

I'm hiring a mechanic today who's has a good reputation for the dsms

Does everyone on here think I'm a retard because I don't know that much about cars. I'm seriously learning as much as possible but when I got school, work and other things to atttend to its hard to give my car the time it needs and the time I need to understand.
I sure as hell no a lot more then I did last summer about cars from my point of view

I ordered the ecm link more of for a logger now so I don't waste money in the long run.
And the log will tell me wtf is going on inside my car!?
From that point i. Will hopefully more of grasp the concept of tuning.

Don't worry about these guys on here. Just keep trying to learn as much as you can.

OMFGeofffff

Quoting alansupra94:

New version out is $20 I believe.

raptorWagon

A datalogging cable with either a Palm pilot or using a laptop with a palm emulator and MMcd would suit your needs for basic logging.

Barnes

Quoting steverussell:
Don't worry about these guys on here. Just keep trying to learn as much as you can.

We want him to learn. It is obvious he has a long way to go. That's okay. However, buying a completely unneeded modification is not a good way to learn. Especially a mod that he could easily blow his car up with because he has already stated he doesn't know much about. He needs to get his car in 100% condition before he starts doing these types of mods. I really want Yeti to learn and understand and progress, but this is not the way to do it.

raptorWagon

Quoting Jesse_W:
Quoting alansupra94:

Why is it everytime someone mentions DSMlink somone post's this sh*t about dsm map or Jackal program is a joke compaired to dsmlink program and support.

I don't know, I have ds-map, but don't advertise it every time, to each their own about tuning devices like AEM, Link, DS-Map, Megasquirt.

524of1000

Quoting yeti:
I ordered the ecm link more of for a logger now so I don't waste money in the long run.
And the log will tell me wtf is going on inside my car!?
From that point i. Will hopefully more of grasp the concept of tuning.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

yeti

well OK then
i Am jumping into link by using the logger to help fix the car before i tune it what the hell.

and the guy a hired said to get it cause that's his native tuning software

ALL I WANT NOW IS THE LOGGING CAPABILITIES SO I DON'T BUY A LOGGER AND WASTE MONEY

Barnes

Waste money?? An entire logger setup is maybe $100. And that assumes when you are done with it you don't resell it.

1990ggsxnj

I don't think everyone thinks you're a retard - BUT it does seem like you're doing the same stupid thing a lot of us have done in the past and moving too fast with the mods without getting everything into tip top shape first. You've been taking baby steps even with our help but grabbing ECM link makes it obvious that you're trying to leap forward and are about to bite off more than you can chew - which we don't want to see you do. Don't take offense to it. Most of it comes from our own experience, the rest from experience of others. We don't want it to be a pain in the ass for you when you realize something went wrong, or for us when you freak out and start posting "how do I fix this" questions when things break.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts