The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What happened to 951/1000?

2of9

0604_sccp_03_z+1992_mitsubishi_galant_vr4+front_view.jpg

I happened to stumble upon a old Sport Compact Car magazine about 951 going against some pretty 'aggressive' cars. Any news on how it's doing? Seemed like it did pretty darn good. Definitely found more motivation to complete 808! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can scan the pages if anyone is interested. Anyway, just wondering how this car is doing. I remember reading about this car before I bought 808.

Searched on here and this came up
click

There was an old topic on the Dutch Galant forum; about this car. Apperantly it was up for sale back in the day. There was a guy who knew the guy with 951/1000. From what i make from that story; the guy worked for ATC. These pics are in that topic;

0604_sccp_02_z_1992_mitsubishi_galant_vr4_badge.jpg

0604_sccp_11_z_1992_mitsubishi_galant_vr4_rolling_view.jpg

0604_sccp_05_z_1992_mitsubishi_galant_vr4_engine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

I still have that issue.

CarRacer

I believe his name was Daryl and he worked for ACT, the clutch manufacturer. He no longer works there, but that is his username. He always was very helpful in trying to sort out any issues or questions people had about clutches when he worked at ACT.

Nice g-ride, but someone was obviously smoking on some different sh*t when doing the VC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

2of9

I'm at work but this car did extremely well against an NSX, MK3 Supra, an Evo 3 and some other cars IIRC .

DR1665

Quoting citymunky:
I still have that issue.

As do I, sitting in my garage. A friend heard I'd picked up a GVR4 and said, "Hey, I got a magazine with one of those in it. You should check it out."

I believe the Galant went JSB during the event in question, though I still wonder if it's still around...

turbowop

Quoting cherrod8:
What's with galants ending in "51" being in magazines?

BG cars get all the press. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

blacksheep

Quoting Dbossman:
Nice g-ride, but someone was obviously smoking on some different sh*t when doing the VC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Its an attempt to make it resemble a JUN valve cover!

70559f5b-7f94-4bc4-b1a8-e9ec82dd38ed.jpg

curtis

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting cherrod8:
What's with galants ending in "51" being in magazines?

BG cars get all the press. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

As they should /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

656of1000

This car is at JNZ Tuning right now...

mikus

Cover & article images - thanks DSMtalk

yea i think it dropped its clutch fluid? maybe it was tranny. Either way, a pedigree, representative of its breed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Yea Daryl seems like a stand up guy, I remember he was always taking heat for ACT issues

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned