The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whats the name of the gasket thats on the housing connecting to the head?

jnava

Staff member
Ive gone to oriellys and tried to cross reference another dsm and they don't have this gasket. Hell, I showed him a pic and still no help. the caps link is down and rockauto shows none..just a little help..

OMFGeofffff

Be more specific. Thermostat housing? Which gasket?

alansupra94

Gotta be more specific. I mean worst case, can't you use that Copper RTV that comes in a tube?

jnava

Staff member
I was confused as well, it's not the thermostat gasket, it's the thermostat housing gasket. I finally found a part number at extreme psi, md145038, its the three bolt pattern...thanks guys..BTW Why isn't Caps working?

jnava

Staff member
I went back to the store and they made a wrong cross reference. So the md145038 part number is correct,but they just messed up. I rtv'd it> What's the longest you've waited before you ran your car? Recommended wait time is 12-24 hours.

LordAthey

The only way I have found that gasket is to get the head kit which comes with every gasket if your changing heads. I'm doing it this weekend. The kit cost like 90 bucks so I think its a steal.

jnava

Staff member
I saw it being sold as a kit but since your already doing it, its great. For me, I could have waited 3-4 days to buy the .99-3.99 part but I want my car running. I was just trying to find it asap and not to be down but I have no choice.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have not found that housing gasket in the aftermarket separately. I just bought 2 or 3 of the OEM to have around. The thermostat gasket itself you can get easily for $0.99.

Terry Posten

I make that masket from flat stock. It is pretty easy to replicate.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts