The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What would i need to get 350hp ??

ok i have a 91 Galant and its Bone stock im looking to get atleast 350hp and dayley drive it I heard this motors can make 400hp fairly easy and reliable but not too sure on what i need and around how much its going to runn me I can do the work my self and have my brother help me out his a mechanic and has a nice set of Snap on tool so doing the work our selfs wouldnt be a problem im new to the Turbo world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifbut learning day by day.so any suggestions would be helpfull

92GVR4num65

Start small and smart, begin with things that will aid ur engine if you decide (and you will) that 350hp isnt enough.....things like exhaust, AFPR, good set of plugs, wires...check compresstion and MAKE SURE ur engine is healthy....youll be pushing the upper limits of ur 14b...def will need a 16g and good manifold, FMIC, bigger injectors, tuning *LINK*, clutch, guages...remember though...350hp is just a number....and car companies for years LOVE throwing numbers around...."the new corvette! 500HP!!!"...we all know many DSMS that will outrun vettes with far smaller numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif...its all in the car, the driver, the mods, and the tune....dont just go for a number. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS there will also be MANY other things that will break, go wrong, need reconfiguring along the way because of the added power it needs to sustain.....be ready for that....

and use vfaq!

Last edited:

524of1000

Step 1: do the maintenance. Step 2: repeat step 1 because you rushed through it and missed/fucked something up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. After these steps, there are many options. Intake, exhaust, intercooler, fuel, TUNING (< most important), turbo. Plan ahead for what you want, prepare for what will go wrong. ALOT of OEM prts can be used. Utilize the info on the board and VFAQ.

92GVR4num65

Quote:
Utilize the info on the board and VFAQ.

couldnt have said it better myself....o wait...lol

yeti

Are you the dude who lives in bakersfield and I was talkin to about you buying a silver 98 gsx for 5000 in san diego

524of1000

Quoting 92GVR4num65:
Quote:
Utilize the info on the board and VFAQ.

couldnt have said it better myself....o wait...lol

Yeah, you posted as I was typing lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

socalgvr4

You live in California right? -- ask Road Race they are local to you.

Not trying to be jerk, just figure that if you can take it in, and have them assess your goals and what you want to do, it might give you a clear picture for HOW to get there, rather than slapping a whole lot of sh*t on and not having the car perform at all.

My two cents.

Last edited:

Quoting Giomangiee:
ok i have a 91 Galant and its Bone stock im looking to get atleast 350hp and dayley drive it I heard this motors can make 400hp fairly easy and reliable but not too sure on what i need and around how much its going to runn me I can do the work my self and have my brother help me out his a mechanic and has a nice set of Snap on tool so doing the work our selfs wouldnt be a problem im new to the Turbo world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifbut learning day by day.so any suggestions would be helpfull

I am very sorry and I don't mean to be picky but the first thing he needs to run is the spell checker . We are all adults here and grammar and punctuation are pivotal in the vr4 community. It gives me a headache when I read some of these post and even basic words are incorrectly spelled. Again not trying to be a dick or anything but you will find that some of the more knowledgeable and helpful people here will take the time to help you if you take the time to effectively communicate. It's for this very reason that galantvr4.org is one of the only online forums that I frequent often because of the high standards here. It's really a shame and I know it's only a website but my 9 year old daughter has better grammar skills than a lot of these people online but it's the standard that I hold her to as schools now a days don't teach squat. I am by no means perfect myself and I am sure you may find errors in my post but I do try not to half ass my posts. Best of luck with your car and welcome....

socalgvr4

Give the guy a break.

He didn't log on to the hooked on phonics website, to be corrected about grammar.

And for what it's worth, he was succinct, and NOT rambling, which also counts for a lot on this site.

Last edited:

GVR-4

Quoting Blown1:
Quoting Giomangiee:

I am very sorry and I don't mean to be picky but the first thing he needs to run is the spell checker . We are all adults here and grammar and punctuation are pivotal in the vr4 community. It gives me a headache when I read some of these post and even basic words are incorrectly spelled. Again not trying to be a dick or anything but you will find that some of the more knowledgeable and helpful people here will take the time to help you if you take the time to effectively communicate. It's for this very reason that galantvr4.org is one of the only online forums that I frequent often because of the high standards here. It's really a shame and I know it's only a website but my 9 year old daughter has better grammar skills than a lot of these people online but it's the standard that I hold her to as schools now a days don't teach squat. I am by no means perfect myself and I am sure you may find errors in my post but I do try not to half ass my posts. Best of luck with your car and welcome....

^^+1

Take some pride in what you do, even if it's just posting on a bulletin board. People only have how you present yourself (read: grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure) on a forum to draw conclusions about you. We should all want to keep the standards on this board high.

My $.02.

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

As stated already maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, and more maintenance. Your 350hp daily driver won't last long on a motor with 120psi of compression and 60% leakdown. I personally won't use anything but OEM Mitsubishi parts when doing general maintenance (ball joints/tie rods/gaskets/seals/etc...).

As for your question on mods for 350hp I'd suggest a fuel pump(255hp), injectors(850's+), fuel pressure regulator, good air filter, down pipe, 3" cat-back, something to tune with(ECMlink), upgraded intercooler, gauges to monitor engine vitals(boost/oil pressure), boost controller, and lastly an upgraded turbo.

That right there in the hands of a capable tuner should get you where you want to be with a little room to grow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned