The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

which slave cylinder should I buy, I need a super quick response please

jnava

Staff member
I've heard not to buy from the normal places, what else is available other than dealer

TylerAdamson

Rock Auto offers us some sort of a discount when purchasing through them. If you've got a buddy that works at a shop then you might want to ask him what they can get as often times shops can get different parts through vendors.

jnava

Staff member
I'm kinda confused. I called dealers and I keep getting $129 but oemmitsubishiparts.com has it for $65. So does mitsubishipartscentral.com. Rockauto has two that say the bore is 13/16 and 3/4. Prices are everywhere and I just don't want to buy the wrong part.

jnava

Staff member
I went with rockauto, I found various part numbers and found one that was common with the search. I've been checking everything out since last night trying to find the symptoms and how to actually verify it was the slave cylinder that was out. I pulled back the boot and it just spitted out fluid. Thanks guys.

i believe that the 1g slave cylinder is th ebiggest bore. but i always used a slave cylinder extension rod. can be found at extremepsi.com

jnava

Staff member
RockAuto is whom I purchased it from. I received it today but the receipt was from AMS...Hey, it worked and it was quick. I installed it and had difficulty with bleeding and adjusting but it's done. I went to a "spot" in Arlington, but there wasn't anyone there. Probably go to go by there later on this evening before I head in to work.

Diego

Just bought one from RockAuto and it was like 14 shipped

OMFGeofffff

If I go to autozone they ask me a build date. What are the differences between the two slave cylinders?

jnava

Staff member
Really, I kept reading in different types of DSM forums that I needed to stay away from the local warehouses. I don't know the true reason why, but some said it was the bore size and some said it was the quality. If there's enough people saying the same about a part issue, I tend to think they are onto something. I would highly suggest doing some research if your willing to spend a bit of time. I did. Haven't had a problem with my part from Rockauto/AMS. I had this problem and had no idea how to deal with it until I researched it.

Last edited:

OMFGeofffff

Which part number did you get and how fast was shipping? I have about a week to get my car back on the road.

Rock auto has fast shipping, but do be carefull when ordering. I ordered one for 1947 a couple weeks back and recieved the wrong one. It was an exedy. Master was correct part. I've ordered a ton of parts from them in the past without issue though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned