The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#65/1000

92GVR4num65

Quite a interesting backstory to procuring this vehicle....I worked at an auto auction in Tyler Tx, we had an upcoming city sale/police auction for abandoned/impounded vehicles. One day our roll back brought forth a 92 GVR4 and I knew i must have it. I spent time inspecting it before the sale and investingating what all had been done to it. With no key i couldnt see if it started but it looked to be relatively well cared for mechanicly however for some reason the previous owner had decided to spray paint the whole car flat white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The original color was Belize Green. I had our key guy cut a key and with the aid of a jump box it fired right up with the typical idle surge that plagues most 4g63s lol. anywho auction day comes and i end up paying $300 for the car....come to find paperwork in the car for a new 14b installed by tyler mitsubishi, full 3" turbo back straight pipe to muffler, FSB, RSB, magnacore plug wires, full set of tein adjustable coilovers w/ camber kits, 1g GSX trubine rims w brand new pirelli PZeros, AWS delete, ABS delete, 4 bolt LSD, 5 lug conversion, 89 underdash, short shifter, datalogging cable, thats bout all i can think of....since then ive been fixing little things and gettin it to run right so i can start the upgrades. it starts and idles ok but when you step on it its like the turbo falls on its face after 4000 rpms and theres a crazy vibration /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif anywho then it might b off to paint too lol anywho on to pics.......

And yes i do have a front bumper......any advice/ideas would b appreciated....i have some of my own as i have owned a 90 GSX and also currently have a 91 Talon TSI AWD....Thanks to all.

AnotherNewb

Welcome to the board, amazing find!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
This one beats all the buys I've seen on here yet.
Were you able to get a clean title for it?

92GVR4num65

Prior to the auction, the city of Tyler Tx retitles all the vehicles in their posession as owned by the city. from there its a simple title transfer....headache free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Boostdtalon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif wow dude that is awesome. That is pretty lucky, even more lucky for the Teins. Congrats and welcome to the board.

jnava

Staff member
Was it auctioned on lonestarauctioneers.com ?

2of9

wow, for $300 that is a very nice pick up man. hopefully that 4k rpm is just something simple. that thing is hella flush lol

92GVR4num65

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!! KT what a beautiful car...i only hope i can bring it back to that state....F'IN SPRAY PAINT!!!!....and no it wat auctioned by Greater Tyler Auto Auction of Tyler, Tx....I had no idea it had all those upgrades. Im one who actually likes the belize green and it looked sick with that stance and the rims are my favorite 1g.....such a win.

92GVR4num65

Oh, and i found registration papers from someone in shreveport it had been purchased from in sept, 2008 for $5500, then i know the guy who it got posessed from is on here but no name droppin...

Struc

Is it OK if I hate you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Seriously, great find and congrats. Everyone here is envious.

turbowop

Wow, the last guy fucked that car up in short time.

Congrats on the find. That's an amazing deal at $300. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Ian M

Wow how can someone f*** a car that bad in a year? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Vintage VW bus guys are big on removing layers of paint to get down to the original paint (and save old signwritten logos on commercial vehicles),they use graffiti remover and/or oven cleaner. Hopefully no nasty suprises under the the paint but who knows why they did that to the car. A big read,but here is a thread off Samba,maybe this might be worth trying:

click

Last edited:

92GVR4num65

@Ian....good call man...I figure if the paint is screwed underneathor if i screw the paint up in the process, either way it needs a new paint job...and if its "preserved" lol by the spray paint and i am able to remove it....then i call it a win. Thanks for the info....

KT

um, wow

PM replied to.

Best Memory of #65

I had a detailed rear end build thread, but it is no longer in the database. It must be too old.

KT

92GVR4num65

Hello again all. I thought i would start with a few things in order to get the car running well....now that its running smooth i thought i would start with a FMIC and ECMlink so that i could support many future mods. i would also like to get an AeroFPR and with the ECMlink installed, some larger injectors for more juice....then its up with the boost...

First of all i was lookin at ETS FMIC kit and was wondering if there was a hard pipe kit/core i could get for less than $900...seems a bit much but ya.....any thoughts/advice MUCH appreciated in advance.

If your on a budget, and don't want to pay ETS's price's, you can always buy a core, some pipe, couplers, and t-clamps and fab one up yourself. That's what we did on 1947, and it ended up twice as nice as the ets kits I've saw. You can route it anyway you want with any size core when done yourself and for alot less cash. For me, a nicer kit for less money is a win/win. Feel free to drop a PM if you have any Q's.

92GVR4num65

And to respond to the info with the stuttering above 4K under WOT....well it was the coil goin out...all of a sudden spark stops to cyl 1 and 4 and i replaced both the PTU (wasnt the problem) and the Coil. Now, no stuttering and pulls real well...i guess the bad coils couldnt handle the load under heavy acceleration and then quit altogether.....

The paint makes me want to cry like a school girl with a skinned knee. but hey, for $300 EPIC WIN.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned