The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dual gauge pod speaker grille replacement anyone have one?

onesickcrx

Dual gauge pod speaker grille replacement anyone have one? I am looking for a place to mount 2 gauges thats visible and that is easy to push buttons and what not thats not on the pillar. It looks like these anyone have a pic from inside the car like from drivers view, I want to make sure this is what I want

Thanks

stealthtt24

Every once in a while you will see a few pop up on ebay. Type "galant vr4" in and search every few weeks, you'll see one.

TylerAdamson

Garfield has them on his website. click

They're not direct fit though. I had to grind out the inside to get my gauges to sit flush. If I had it to do again I'd just buy one of the pillar pods or find one of Curtis' din plates.

onesickcrx

Hmmm... I like the way this looks I just want to see a pic of what the driver see's while driving

How much did you have to cut out? like a grove in the back or does it still look like a complete unit?

TylerAdamson

The unit is still whole, but I ground out a lot on the inside and had to cut the plastic housing on the gauges. Pm me your email and I'll snap some pics tomorrow and email them to you.

AnotherNewb

+1

1947 has one of these in it. Had to cut off or down the clamp studs on the back of the gauge and nip the corner off of one of the gauges to get them to sit flush. Doublesided tape is what is being used to hold the pod in, pretty secure for now My only complaint is that where I had to sand the corner of the gauge down, it leaks a little of light out the CF now. Plus, it was ordered directly from Paulo and took FOREVER to get, like 2 months. So hopefully GW has them in his stock.

Its a nice piece, just be ready to hack on your gauges a little bit.

turbowop

I made my own in 503. View is great. I actually like the gauges there better than I do on the A-pillar like I have them setup in 1051.

Got mine from tunersnation.com (Garfield) a few weeks ago. They are not yet mounted but you can get an idea how they look from the drivers view. The camera is literally right in front of my nose. They are a bit snug / made for shorter gauges. But with my pro-sports and the visor/hood they look fine to me.

Hope this helps,

Chad, yet another JSB.

Edit: I run my steering wheel on the lowest setting, like it in my lap. So if your is higher, then imagine how that may look, ~2"?. I also sit a bit farther back (6'1") with a little lean, cause im cool ya know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif. So for your average 5'5" or so, these should still work perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have the same one bought from tunersnation and I had to open up the holes quite a bit before a gauge could even sit in it. When I first got it, the holes were probably at least 1/8 inch too small in diameter. No big deal, just something to realize that could happen when you got it. I still think it looks great.
In retrospect, I probably woulda just fashioned up a generic 2 gauge pod there and called it quits lol Either way it woulda been more sleeper than an A pillar.
Oh well, I just HAD to have that nice clean look lol.

onesickcrx

Thanks guys Geno's pic's is what I needed to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like I will order some more stuff from TunersNation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Quoting anothernewb;
"My only complaint is that where I had to sand the corner of the gauge down, it leaks a little of light out the CF now."

Bro, it leaked light right out of the box it came in. When held up to the light it definitely bled threw. Nothing some black paint(on the inside) won't fix. All and all a nice piece if you don't mind slight mods to fit. But as newb stated, it did take forever, and when the thing finally shipped and I recieved tracking info, the guy sent it to himself at his home address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Then came another 2 week wait.

That's a good idea about the paint on the inside of it. That should have no problem taking care of the light shining through with a few coats, and it wouldn't really affect the thickness much at all.

IncorpoRatedX

i have one, the location is nice but the loss of the speaker doesnt really make my happy :/

AnotherNewb

Come on, they are not even good speakers. Besides, 20 years later, most of the dash speakers are either blown or rotted so its still no big loss

Unless you got a helluva set of high end like some MB quarts or something, the sounds not noticable. Wait a minute, I have some MB's and it's still not noticable.

onesickcrx

My carbon fiber gauge pod came in... I am plan on mounting it up tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks TunersNation

DR1665

I have a decent set of Pioneers in the dash - not that it's super important to me - but 464/1000 came with a gauge velcro taped to the side of the cluster. It wasn't pretty, but whatever. Come summer, the adhesive melted and ran. Gauge came loose. After I closed it in the door a couple times (!!!) I decided to do something about it.

POOR MAN'S SPEAKER GAUGE "POD" MOD (IMO)
- (2) zip ties
- (1) pliable support piece (hose, tubing, old bushing, etc.)

COST: FREE
TIME: 10 MINUTES
BONUS: KEEP SPEAKER FUNCTIONALITY

The setup:
IMG00518-20101121-1223-495x371.jpg

The view:
IMG00522-20101121-1236-495x371.jpg

The details: Tarmac & Gravel

Don't get me wrong. The dual pod from TN is a nice piece of kit, but this install is FREE, takes 10 MINUTES (if that), and is almost 100% reversible whenever you figure out a more aesthetically pleasing solution. It's a solid option and I thought it should be out there in case anyone might benefit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts