The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ecu + (ecu plus) tuning?

yeti

There's someone offering a ecu and a ecu+ (with pnp I think..) and a gm 3" maf,
For 250. ( I'm preety sure its the silver box)
He said he could install it, my question is....Is this worth the 250$, I was on ecu+ website and looks like no one goes on the forums any more..
Probably cause They stopped selling them in 2008

alansupra94

Link to website of ecu please.

If you are eprom, get an Ostrich 2.0 and call it a day.

yeti

click

to ecu +
the more i read the more i like

ALSO

ECU IS GONE HE has ecu+ and wire it yourself harness with cd and everything you get brand new (it was 450$ for wire yourself i talked him down to 180 though

AND im reading about ostrich

Last edited:

524of1000

Evo 8 ECU. Look it up and consider.

yeti

there's seems to be more work cut out for me if i went with evo8 ecu(changing knock sensor and the "CAS does not work right" a lot of people said)
i am looking at the ostrich and it says you got to solder onto the board !?!?

i am trying to find more info does it have as much features as ecu plus

524of1000

CAS works perfectly. It is a little bit of work, but anything on this car will require a bit of work.

DR1665

[bumping because this is the ONLY ECU+ thread coming up in the search]

Does anyone here have any experience with this thing? I ask because I ran into 464/1000's previous owner over the weekend and he said he found his never-installed/used ECU+ and it's mine if I want it. Like Yeti, I did a little Googling, found the ECU+ forums, and found they are a digital ghost town.

Feature list looks pretty good, although I've got speed density plans for the rally car and both my Galants need to pass an idle sniffer test once a year.

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this thing. I'm not looking to go Evo ECU or Link but had been planning on going Ostrich/Jackal.

Thanks for the discussion. Decent amount of features for an essentially new (free) thingamajig, ya know?

let me know if your not going to use it cause I for sure could use it in my vr4... I'm on a tight budget /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would say try it out at the very least and go from there. it may fit your needs...

broxma

This is nothing more than a map tracing program. There are probably half a dozen programs like this for the Evo ECU or any data set, since it almost certainly just uses a .csv file, using EvoScan(.csv) data pulled from a tactrix cable and it is essentially the same as doing a basic road tune. Any good data logging software already has this ability, the ability to trace RPM vs. load vs. AFR(WBO2) and over lay it on a map. The results will be the same as doing standard issue DynoJet "Point 'A' to Point 'B'/time" tuning and overlaying the data. The guy is selling a product which does the same work as several programs you can download of EvoM for free. The only thing you need is log .csv data and you can plug it into whatever program you want.

Or, save your 250.00, go to a real dyno, a brake dyno, which measures actual torque, and get a real tune.

/brox

EgonOlsen

Mine have Ostrich 2.0 and bought Jackal when I got it, cheap software that 1.
Running Speed Density.

Havent started using it yet, so no idea if its a good solution or not. But it seems so + the forum is decent for help.

Since im a total novice on tuning and to be honest, Denmark is prolly the worst country for support to that kinda thing.
The rules are very strict so there is almost no tuning shops at all and those that are here use their own stuff to tune.

Thats 1 of the reasons I have considered the Evo8 ECU, simply because it should be much easier getting help on tuning with that, than Jackal and an Ostrich.
Just waiting and hoping someone makes a sleek adaptor for the ECU so it gets more plug&play and a good Howto.

OZRally

I'm running Jackal with speed density. I had a friend of mine, Yusuf, help me tune it and he even said it's much easier and straight forward compared to dsmlink. From all the other options I've seen it's the cheapest and most reliable. The best part I like is being able to tune on the fly. No need to make a run, pull over, look at the log, turn car off, tune, upload, turn car on and make another run. as long as you're ECU is already socketed it's plug and play. Setting the injector size and deadtimes is the easiest compared to link. With all the mods I have on the car that would be the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

DR1665

Quoting broxma:
A product which does the same work as several programs you can download of EvoM for free. The only thing you need is log .csv data and you can plug it into whatever program you want.

Or, save your 250.00, go to a real dyno, a brake dyno, which measures actual torque, and get a real tune.

Thanks, Brox. Appreciate the head's up. I would think, however, any free program on EvoM would be intended for use on an Evo ECU, which is obviously NOT going to be free. And, in my case, the ecu+ is a freebie - it came with the car (albeit 2yrs later). Beyond that, appreciate your tips on the brake dyno. Once I've got a tuning solution in place, I'll be doing just that.

broxma

It actually works with data pulled from EvoScan which can get data from almost any car. It's not the ECU that is specific here rather the format of the data. If it's a .csv file with a timestamp, any of the map tracing programs should work. The .csv doesn't even have to be from EvoScan.

This just seems akin to selling copies of Wikipedia pages on Amazon. Why would I pay for that which I can get for free?

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts