The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IS THIS WORTH 90$

mitsuturbo

How many guys do you see using them because they want to improve their track times?

They've been around for YEARS.

DEI products suck.

That should help you determine if it's worth the headache of mounting such a thing after purchase, and refilling it regularly when you use it.

Muskrat

Or just spend $10 on one of these: click and bring it to the track with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Barnes

Unless you have already upgraded to a large high quality intercooler already, and still need more cooling capacity..... actually, even in that case, no. It is simply not worth it.

KiNgMaRtY

My buddy had a nicer much more expensive sprayer and he netted about a 4 degree difference only. Not really worth it.

alansupra94

If you are looking into this, a better setup would be a Water to Air cooler setup.

AnotherNewb

Wouldn't your engine bay fill up with CO2. Well, I know not fill, but still...

RedTwo

Cheap option is to re-route your windscreen washer lines to spray the intercooler.
But you shouldn't really need it in the first place unless you're building a time attack track monster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

curtis

Quoting alansupra94:
If you are looking into this, a better setup would be a Water to Air cooler setup.

Plus 12 on a water to air or air to air then a water to air before it hits the t-body.

alansupra94

Uncle use to have this on his RX-2. Just fill the tank with ice and you are good for ONE pull.

slugsgomoo

humorously it probably robs power unless you move your intake so that none of the CO2 vented over the intercooler can be drawn into the intake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nitrous versions work a lot better, but part of that is that they're just a pretty indirect dry shot.

Turboman_456

Spend a little more money and get your self a Water Methanol system,then you will not need to be concerned about your intercooler,and you will gain the power that you seek.Just do not run you of water meth LOL LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

steve

Quote:
Just do not run you of water meth LOL LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Wat? LOL LOL

Turboman_456

If you run out of Water Methanol your engine goes byby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

onesickcrx

I like useing nitrous too cool down my intercooler works great. F a spray bar I have someone walk in front of my car and spray about a pound around the whole intercooler works great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned