The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VTA pulls harder than Recirc.

Brunoboy

I have no idea why, but my car is faster with it Venting then Recirculating. Has anyone had this problem?

Barnes

What type of BOV are you running? It could be leaking and causing you to run a slightly richer mixture. Other than that, it's probably your imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

^ ha ha ^

Quoting BarnesMobile:
What type of BOV are you running? It could be leaking and causing you to run a slightly richer mixture. Other than that, it's probably your imagination.

A boost leak is a boost leak. Whether its leaking back into intake or out of the system altogether it doesn't matter. It'll still be just as slow. My vote is its your head.

Barnes

How would it be the same? A boost leak means you are losing metered air. If your BOV is leaking but you have a return pipe, that air is still being accounted for, where as a regular boost leak it is not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Muskrat

Quoting BarnesMobile:
How would it be the same? A boost leak means you are losing metered air. If your BOV is leaking but you have a return pipe, that air is still being accounted for, where as a regular boost leak it is not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It still wont be pulling as much air as it thinks it is into the cylinder. The volume of the return tube will have been pulled out of the intake stream. The effect wont be as bad as venting, but it will still be there.

+1 to it's in your head. The loud sound of the BOV can be deceptive. Just like a louder exhaust can make a car feel more peppy.

Brunoboy

Its a go fast bits bov with a samco recirc hose, the bov can be twisted to either vta or recirc. It really does feel faster and ive been told by others that it is as well.

Quoting Muskrat:
Quoting BarnesMobile:

It still wont be pulling as much air as it thinks it is into the cylinder. The volume of the return tube will have been pulled out of the intake stream. The effect wont be as bad as venting, but it will still be there.

+1 to it's in your head. The loud sound of the BOV can be deceptive. Just like a louder exhaust can make a car feel more peppy.

This. BOV leaks into intake then gets pressurized then leaks into the intake and there is a portion of air that is just looped in that system and not being forced in the motor. You vent that air and it leaks under your hood, not getting forced in your motor. Either way its a waste. On a maf car, recirculating a leaky bov car will still provide better driveability.

DR1665

Tread lightly. I sense imminent face killings.

alansupra94

I agree with OP. Now that I VTA, everyone thinks I am faster! Including the swarms of hondas that try and race me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

throughfaith323

possibly you installed it before intake temps dropped and now the air is cold and more dense causing your car to be faster.....and possibly you overlooked this? also humidity changes performance a lot.

only thing i could think of.

Brunoboy

True, its been really cold and rainy lately.

I thought I was faster years ago too when I was venting my 2g gsx to the atmosphere until I slammed my face off the steering wheel a couple times from the fuel cut I was having /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Welcome back recirc tube.

Terry Posten

Everybody knows that the louder the PPPHHHHSSSSSSSSSS is, the faster you are going.

Duh.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts