The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuse question PLEASE LOOK

yeti

is this the primary 80amp fuse
and if so is it interchangeable with a 100a fuse cause that's what i had in there
ALSO do i need a special tool to pull the 100a fuse out cause i don't think the metal should be sticking out right? cause it was very hard to get out and also noticed little slits on the sides along with the yellow 60a which wont come out

+the guy at kragen had never seen the fuse before and did not have any

img.php

img.php

Terry Posten

Yes, that is the right style.

The sides of the black fuse block open up and there are 10mm headed bolts under there on both sides. Loosen those bolts and the fuse will fall right out.

Then slide the new fuse in and re-tighten.

holeshotmoe

The sides of the black fuse block open up and there are 10mm headed bolts under there...
+1 (Haha! Did the same thing myself the first time I tried)

Guess you figured this already but it is supposed to be 100A, not 80A

Last edited:

Wizeman

+1 we've all done it lol

yeti

best part is that i probably never had to take 3 weeks to change alternator when it was the fuse the whole time

You have no idea how much help this thread is to me! My fuse panel cover was completely gone and I had no idea what those fuses were for. My ABS wasn't working and the light was on. That ABS fuse was gone, but I had no idea what fuse that was until now, so hopefully that will take care of it!

SouthCaliVR4

^^Keep in mind there may be issues with your abs system & the fuse was pulled to prevent it from causing you to umm.... not stop when you'd really like to!!!! give some extra stopping distance for a while, go stomp the brakes till the system kicks in good a few times & keep aware that it can kick in & prevent the car from stopping when you least expect it.

Appreciate the warning, but yeah, I figure there could have been a reason. But you shoulda saw my car... EVERYTHING was ghetto rigged when I bought it, so I'm thinking it's worth a try to take it down my street a bit with a new one in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts