The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much should I offer for this eprom?

donkeylips

Someone local who has repaired ECUs in the past has offered to sell me his gvr4 eprom at a discounted price since the ISC driver circuit is blown. I've blown these in the past and I always thought it killed the whole ECU. I definitely trust the guy and apparently this one works and he runs it with a TB that has the ISC blocked off, which he has also offered to sell me. Now, I wanted to use this on a year-round car, and I think I'll be ok without the ISC, and I'm trying to get this for cheap. He wants me to make an offer and I have no idea.

How much is an eprom with a blown ISC driver circuit worth?

Terry Posten

I would say $100 if and only if it runs OK in your car.

The real problem comes in if the damage gets any worse.

You may want him to remove all the drivers and clean the board really well so there is a reduced chance it can flame up due to a damaged part.

donkeylips

Thanks! I offered $100 for the ecu and throttle body and he agreed. Apparently he ran the ecu like that for 45k. I won't be able to test it with my car (JSB) but hopefully I can convince my friend to come with me in his vr4.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts