The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

any way to temp. make the gvr4 RWD

yeti

My friend has a 98 gsx eclipse, he said he heard he could unplug a fuse and only put power to the rear wheels

Barnes

Your friend is wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

That is incorrect.

Barnes, you beat me.

slugsgomoo

council_elrond.jpg

slugsgomoo

the transfercase has a problem with real power with only half going back to the rear, and the rear diff (even 4 bolt) doesn't like getting 100% of the power either. If you want a RWD car, buy something without a transverse mounted engine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

alansupra94

Quoting yeti:
My friend has a 98 gsx eclipse, he said he heard he could unplug a fuse and only put power to the rear wheels

Time to make some new friends. Seriously.

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LUNARFX

facepalm_ernie.jpg

Diego

So ask your friend to pull the "fuse" on his gsx.... and then elaborate his pissyness when he looks like a ratard.

What fuse do you know about that handles you to go RWD?

Wtf man that guy isn't a friend he's a Sabatour.....

Time for new friends, ones who don't put hairz in your turbo...

P.S: tell your friend yo sell his DSM and buy a honda.... I'm sure guys on hondaboards will believe him.

DR1665

Quoting slugsgomoo:
If you want a RWD car, buy something without a transverse mounted engine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Or rotate the engine 90º, mate it to something out of an early Poopra, and bolt up an 8" rear end out of a V6 4Runner.

I think that's what the friend meant when he said "unplug a fuse" in his 98 GSX.

yeti

wasnt trying to be retarded,
just clearing a thought that was in my head
does it make a difference for cars like the gt-r?
im reading something now that is says "Skyline GT-R and Porsche 911 Turbo do, which lets you enter a drift like a RWD, and exit like an AWD" says cause of its computer traction control that Is with the AWS

steve

^ I agree with the number above me. We weren't poking fun at you, mostly just your friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting Diego:
Time for new friends, ones who don't put hairz in your turbo...

steve

Quoting yeti:
wasnt trying to be retarded,
just clearing a thought that was in my head
does it make a difference for cars like the gt-r?
im reading something now that is says "Skyline GT-R and Porsche 911 Turbo do, which lets you enter a drift like a RWD, and exit like an AWD" says cause of its computer traction control that Is with the AWS

I was going to respond but then I realized you can't teach a cat algebra.

raptorWagon

Quoting cherrod8:
I do believe some of the JDM spec galants had the switchable fwd/awd trans. NOT sure so don't qoute me one that.

Yes, there were fwd/awd switchable transmissions available, but even then you couldn't just "unplug a fuse" to switch between the two. The other way to go just fwd is using a VCE (Viscous Coupler Eliminator), which are sometimes used on dynos.

2of9

can't you change the transmission gear ratios with the transmission ecu like how Gran Turismo 3 and 4 does?

Quoting Hondasi88:
"unplug a fuse" is this possible in any car?

'

yes the nissan skyline was able to do this. i believe its the r34.... but dont quote me on that. but yes you can pull a fuse in one of the skylines to make it RWD only

fuel

On the automatic 7G V6 Galant VR-4s if you pull the ABS fuse the car is effectively RWD, as there is an electronically controlled torque split to the front wheels which for some reason derives power from the ABS circuit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts