The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETS Intercooler setup has every hard pipe except..........

...the pipe that goes from the turbo to the air canister. It is using the stock tubing from the turbo to the air canister. Previous owner included the pipe but wasn't sure why it wasn't on there. Perhaps it required a special intake of some sort. The angle on it just seems all wrong. Any idea whether or not it is acceptable to use the stock pipe for this location or why the angle is all off on the hard pipe that I have?

Thanks for any ideas!

What do you mean? Do you mean that it won't function properly? It is in use right now and everything sits properly. Please expand.

This is the link for the pipes that I have....

I have the black hard pipe and the black elbow. I think the previous owner avoided using that intake because not everyone is a fan of a short ram.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

mountaineerjeff

is there a chance he is a dsmer? and not realizing the difference between dsm and vr4 intakes?

Yes he is a DSMer...a real good guy too. I'll take some pics of how everything sits. It sits just perfect. It just isn't pretty but it's functional. Give me a little time.

Until I get pics, does anyone know how it is supposed to be setup? Is the black rubber part supposed to go to the turbo?

Thanks

mountaineerjeff

yes it attaches to the turbo, and then the pipe hooks to it, and the straight piece hooks it to the maf, and the smaller one recircs the blowoff

boostedinaz

JesseBay%20copy.jpg

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

either that or move your battery off the front corner of the car and run a normal DSM intake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Chad989of2000

Quoting slugsgomoo:
either that or move your battery off the front corner of the car and run a normal DSM intake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Easiest way to go here. Get that battery in your trunk and free up some space.

Lonewolf64

Iirc I ran the stock intake with the ETS FMIC kit for a few months before upgrading to 2g MAS + battery relocation + 2g style intake. I'm not sure why it's advertised that this is not possible...

Picture for proofz.

img0819pz1.jpg

slugsgomoo

Quoting Chad989of2000:
Quoting slugsgomoo:

Easiest way to go here. Get that battery in your trunk and free up some space.

mine is in the trunk, another alternative is to relocate to where the charcoal canister is on the crossmember.

Lonewolf64

Quoting blkchr91:
Did it work out ok for you then? Did you find any issues with it?

I had no issues with my FMIC kit except one of the pipes they sent was the wrong length. I cut it down to size and put a bead on it and had no problems since then. As for that exact setup, I did not keep things that way very long. Within a few months of installing the ETS kit I put on a 3inch turboback exhaust, 2g MAS, 2g style intake pipe, and odyssey small battery relocation to where the stock intake sits.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned