The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wiesco piston made contact with oil squirter?

hey guys, rebuilt my engine went wiesco/eagle combo ran the engine and drove the car for 70 miles. i was leaking oil out of the oil pan so took everything apart took oil pan off and found the number 4 piston oil squirter in the bottom of the pan, why did this happen? is there something i missed? iv'e also herd of people getting rid of the squirters?? how effective is this if it were done?

broxma

Might not have actually hit it and may have just fallen out. Given enough heat cycles and vibration, the banjo bolt holding them in will come out. It is very common on the EJ22 turbo motors for all four squirters to be laying in the pan.

Does it look bent/damaged? did you find the banjo bolt? The ding if it did hit would be on the longer part right by the upturn.

/brox

4thStroke

I found two broken squirters in my oil pan when I pulled it. I have Mahle pistons in my motor.

Did the squirters actually break off?

I left it like that since they aren't completely needed with the forged motors.

yea it could of i think i saw little marks on the bottom side of the piston tho , but the that little squirter tube dealy is the only thing that came off so thinking of getting another or jusst leaving it not sure lol thanks for the input tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yeah i think so just the tube part itself , i might go get one from the junk yard and maybe shave it down a lil lol

Wizardawd

Keep in mind that there is a so ever slight amount of adjustment for the squirters. I would bring the piston to BDC, and check clearance. If needed, loosen the banjo bolt slightly and you'll see there is just a touch of movement allowed on the pin. Usually it's enough to allow extra clearance without shaving.

Wiz

Last edited:

mmmk yeah i just got sum more squirters from the junk yard ill try and do that slight adjustment and see what happens, thank you

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned