The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is the thing on our wiper arms?

donkeylips

What is the purpose of the big thing that's held on with 2 screws on our driver's side(I think) wiper arms? CAPS didn't seem to show it and I can't think of any possible function.
My brother says it's a handle to lift it up...I think he's an idiot. I would have taken a picture but I don't currently have access to my car or a camera.

SouthCaliVR4

It's an airfoil to help keep the blade down at speed. Can't say it actually works or anything but that's the principle.

mitsuturbo

They work. Try using your wipers at 90mph, and see the difference between how the driver and passenger side work at clearing water off the windshield..

donkeylips

Very interesting. Makes me wonder why they wouldn't just put one on both sides. I'll have to test them at my actual highway speed - 72mph. I won't be needing my wipers at 90mph anytime soon. Can't see myself going that fast in conditions where I would need them, plus I'm WAY too afraid to so much as sneeze behind the wheel of my car now what with the ticket's they're writing in this economy. So glad I at least have the sleeper status of the gvr4 on my side. I guess I shouldn't get off topic.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned