The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

577 stop runing on me Need help

coolclean577

was going go the store and driveing fine .When i pushed on the gas i notice that i wasnt movkng car just shut off. batt. good got oil. dont know what happen need help its my dd.. all got is a s 16g. bone stock ... 9psi i think maybe fuel pump. bec normal cant run it hard bec.cut.out at 4000rpms but if slowy get into it .its will got to 7

Terry Posten

Please take the time to re-post your issues. Be very specific and please use proper grammar.

Diego

Dislexia will kick his ass.......

Let me clean this up,

While driving to pick his old lady up, he was completly granny driving 5th gear cruise of 40..... car looses power, all idiot lights turn up but check engine (PO wired the fuel relay by the ecu to a switch; CEL comes on once the switch to the fuel relay is switch to on.)
Anyways even-so now with the switch on the CEL does not come up. What could be the problem here.

Take note will have to check the ecu which couldn't get to as it was 10:20pm with no tools.

Please help thanks.

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ Good looking out for your brother. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

May be as simple as blown fuse...

Did you guys check all the fuses yet?

Diego

Was real late last night, and I'm sorer then a cripple that was hit with a train...

Will check it all over when I take lunch or once I get off... car is being pulled home so I will have tools to play with... first I'm looking at all fuses and pulling ECU

Diego

Twas the ECU.... noticeable from the brown goo on the middle of the board.

Will have to get another one or get work done on the 2 ecu*s he has.

stevep

The CEL not turning on when you turn the ignition on was a big hint that the ECU had died.
It likely that the electrolyte eat through the trace out to the MPI relay to turn the power on. There's usually other damage that was causing poor performance before but it's the ones that make the car undrivable that get your attention.

Hertz

Staff member
There's a reason why the very first post in this forum says:

Sticky: Replace your ECU Capacitors or your car will explode. Srsly

cheekychimp

Yeah I was just thinking about this today actually. Even when you've been on here a while, the obvious can slip your mind.

I just picked up a 1990 stock JDM VR4 and I've had an intermittent CEL coming up on my dash as I coast to a stop with the clutch in. I thought it might be idle related and was going to check the ISC and even the closed idle switch and TPS. I probably really should check out the ECU on a 20 year old car, right?

Diego,
Bro, I'm not even going to say "I told you so"........wait a minute, I just did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Glad you guys figured it out. Hit me up if you need any further assistance. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts