The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

window help

hey i realize this isnt a galant post on a galant forum, but this forum is full of competent mechanics. so i seem to have bent one of the control arms for the window on my '99 civic drivers door and so now it wont stay on the track. my Hanes doesnt have instructions on how to take it apart. its a manual roll up window, and any help would be appreciated.

SouthCaliVR4

next time post off galant in off topic but... remove door panel roll the window down as far as needed to expose the two ten mill head nuts that mount the glass to the regulator, play with the angles some & window should come out then there should be five ten mil head bolts on the inner door frame three to bolt the reg two to bolt a small guide track. don't bother trying to fix it, get another one, once the bend their done.

Before reversing the process check all window track weather strip, usually they tweak the regulator when one slips & binds the glass. use 3m trim adhesive to secure them in place once positioned proper, I.E. glue them in place.

pretty basic once your in there.

If you need more info let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned