The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Switch

ziggydb

The plastic/rubber piece on the clutch lever crumbled. If you buy a new switch does it come with that piece? Thank you

Are you talking about the piece that pops into the pedal lever? If so go to Napa and look through their body hardware. There is a similar deal that they sell. If they look at you like your stupid tell them it is in the Balkamp line. I don't know for sure that it will work, but its going to be just off if it doesn't.

JackbNimble

I just stuck a small nut and bolt through there when mine rotted and fell out a few years back. Been fine since.

ziggydb

Yea its the part on the lever. Ill have to just look around at napa or hardware store. Thanks for the good ideas.

belize1334

Quoting JackbNimble:
I just stuck a small nut and bolt through there when mine rotted and fell out a few years back. Been fine since.

Same here.

JackbNimble

It really makes me wonder why they would make that part out of rubber when they know it's gonna dry rot and when it does, it's going to stop the car from being able to turn on. Really pissed me off when it happened, considering I was in a huge line for the new Indiana Jones movie when it happened. The traffic behind me was pissed too haha.

stevep

Quoting ziggydb:
The plastic/rubber piece on the clutch lever crumbled. If you buy a new switch does it come with that piece? Thank you

As far as I can tell you have to order it by itself, it not part of the switch part number.

In typical Mitsubishi style there are two rubber stoppers on the clutch pedal, one for the CSS and one for the cruise switch. They have the same reference number in CAPS but different part numbers depending on the use.

One is MB004185 and is called the clutch pedal stopper and the other is also used on the brake pedal and is MD151298 brake pedal stopper. I think I just ordered a couple of each so I'd have the right ones and a few spares since before they crumble they usually get a hole worn in them causing the switch to stop working.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned