The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new drum breaks arent fitting right...

Woosky117

i bought new drum breaks for my base model galant from rock auto, but it seems like they are too big or something...
i have movement in ways that there shouldnt be... when i have the bearing and everything on, i still have movement in and out. the bearing is stopped on the stoper before it even gets to the drum to tighten it.
anyone know if this is due to the part that i bought? or one that im missing?
does anyone have the right part number for the drum that i need?
i have a 92 Eagle 2000 GTX (base model) aka 92 Mitsubishi Galant (base)

if anyone has any info that could help me, plese let me know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Barnes

Do you have the old drum? Could compare. You can even go into a place that turns drums and they'll have a special caliper used to measure the I.D. of drums and you can see how close they are. A possible dead give away might be the maximum O.D. stamp on the drum. If you examine each drum closely there should be a number cast into the drum. Something like 205mm or 8.1in. If you find both stampings on the drums they should be the same.

What is this bearing you are talking about?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Did you thread the self adjusters back in?

Can you shoot a picture of the new and old drums?

Last edited:

Woosky117

unfortunately, i dont have the old drums... they went out on trash day like a month ago, and i didnt really know till they were gone... which sucks. the bearing that i was talking about is this one--

img.php

i dont have the first ring, but i have the second one. the roller/ball bearing.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
i dont have the first ring, but i have the second one. the roller/ball bearing.

That's a problem.

Pm sent.

toybreaker

iconoclast
No worries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like you'll have this handled in short order.

If you have any other questions, be sure to post them up.

I want to see your build thread updated with pictures of you on the road this summer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned