The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#88/2000 = Up and running

bmod530

Welp, I need to have the car back together in a month so I can drive it back to Michigan. I have been working vigorously for the past couple of weeks now, and am almost to the reassembly point. This should be a very clean car, and I would like to keep it that way. From my experience with Michigan cars, I am tempted to keep this thing sheltered for the winter, b/c it is 100% rust free. I am fairly new to VR4's so any advise is nice. For now here is my pride and joy...

Modifications...
2g MAF - homemade harness
2.5in CM Performance turbo back
2.5in Intake piping
Wiseco 8.5c/r HD Pistons .020 over
Scat rods
ARP main studs/head studs/rod bolts (2000)
Clevite 77 rod/main bearings
MLS head gasket
Trunk battery relocation
Larger front mount(?brand?)
Grant formula one 1064 steering wheel
SAFCII
Gates racing timing belt
BSE kit
Autometer sport comp. gauges - oil.a/f.boost.
Kenwood stereo
Turbo timer
polished valve cover?
completely stripped and cleaned interior/reinstalled
replace EVERY gasket/seal
Stage 3 clutch kit (?brand?)
Lightweight flywheel???
Thule roof rack/spoiler
2g injector plugs

Work not being done by me, although I wish I had the machinery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...
Deck block
Bore/honed .020 over
Resurfaced head
Magnaflux
Completely balanced rotating Assembly
Polished crank

Car still needs a paint job, but that sums it up. This is the building block for future modifications...when I have more money!

Here are just a few pics

poor old girl (Michigan car = rusty) recently sold

Reppin the board!!

Getting some help from the experts...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned