The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power folding mirrors - somethings wrong here.

So i picked up a power folding mirror kit. and i am going over the wiring diagrams generously provided by misterfixit. i understand the mirrors and the switch. but i was sitting here for an hour scratching my head like "wtf is this crap!". so i pulled up a picture from tunersnation.com... oh well thats just not right. the relay they sent me is "MB852142" marked with X6T34171, 2X15. the wiring is:

1 = BrL
2 = BrW
3 = blank
4 = blank
5 = L
6 = Br
7 = B
8 = BrB

so... did the guy send me the wrong relay? or is this a older unit? the plug doesnt even match. mine is square with 8 and misterfixit diagram is a rectangle with 13. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

misterfixit relay diagram is
1 2 3 X 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13

1 = Lg
2 = Br
3 = LgR
4 = BrB
5 = LW
6 = BrL
7 = B
8 = blank i think
9 = BrR
10 = LgB
11 = BrY
12 = LgY
13 = BrW

thanks for whatever help you guys can provide.

progress...

part number: MB852142
Pin out:

1 = BrL to control switch
2 = BrW to control switch
3 = blank
4 = blank
5 = L +12v
6 = Br to mirror
7 = B ground
8 = BrB to mirror

still trying to figure out the Mirror side - Left: Lg, LgB and Right: LgY, LgR. they go into the diagrams relay below and come out as BrL and BrW.

diagrams: https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=390258&Forum=c2&Words=relay&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=388496&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1761&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post390258

nickbuilt

would anyone know what each wire is for on the harness connector on the jdm mirror switch i am also stumped with this i have mine set to a regular switch and normal automotive 5 wire relays i would love to find out how to make my oem switches work!

-nick

Nick,

if you have the same kit/set as seen on my tunnernation link above then the setup/wire colors/diagram is easy to follow. i am no electrician, obviously but i used the DSM electrical manual to help me read these diagrams:

click

if you're just wonder which wire does what then you want to focus on "BrL (#2 on the plug), BrW (#1 on the plug) and LB (#10 on the plug)" #10 is ACC and the other two are the monetary connections to trigger your relay. "L" stands for Blue.

hope this helps. i am going to keep my eye out for a relay, meanwhile i'll setup my mirrors with dual relays utilizing the stock switch.

steve

tunersnation is run by our very own Garfield Wright, you might try to PM him. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned