The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch slave?

gmp

well i was putting a new clutch slave on my car I noticed there is a Valve plate/spring where the banjo bolt screws in.
Im wondering would it hurt or benefit you in anyway to leave it out? Kinda a stupid thing but well im just wondering.

"caution maybe a idiot's thoughts"
My thinking is that maybe it would relieve clutch pedal hardness?
I have a 2600 on my car and well my leg gets alot of exercise.

AnotherNewb

Check vfaq.com under drivetrain clutch restrictor removal. Then you decide what you want to do... Hope that helps

gmp

found it thats interesting,my pedal snaps back quick but i wonder how much of a difference this would make.

AnotherNewb

Dunno, haven't had the need to pull one out, just something I stumbled across one night.

gmp

i ended up leaving the valvle plate in,maybe next time around i'll change it up and see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts