The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what to do

Hondakiller

well let start here i got a 91 gvr4 im looking to make a 12 sec car but dont know what way to go so far i got a 16g turbo but not in the car. i know i got to get a eprom, and injector, mas air, and dsm link but what im askin is how is all this going to cost and will 20 psi be enough with the right tuning?

It may come across as a dsmspooners answer but you should do all of your maintenance first.

Last edited by a moderator:

12's an easy goal in these cars with the proper maintenance and slight mod's...........ah yeah, someone already said that. Timing belt and fluids are the first thing's I do.

Hondakiller

i did all new timing parts water pump so im good on that im going to put new crank bearing and piston rings. cuz the car has 164k miles but thx

Depending on your HP goals, since your going in the block, might as well through in some 2g pistons on your 1g rods. It's a cheap, relatively easy upgrade. Pretty good bump up in compression.

Lonewolf64

My car has an unopened bottom end with 178k miles that propelled me to 12 second quarter mile times. There is no need to crack open the block unless you run a compression test and see low compression across the board. There are many people out there running 11s with over 200k miles on original bottom ends.

i know that but i just want to see how everthing is i was thanking of doin a 2.3 stroker but thatrs in limbo cuz my joal for hp i will not need all that but what would 2G pistons go for these days cuz i was thank just doin a stock block and redo the head and see about doin a 9, 10 tho rpm red line but its just much i can do to this motor i just cant make up my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

sorry lol this is matrixswan i forgot that my buddy a galantvr4 acc. i on his pc

SmoothCustomer

^^Where abouts in Rochester are you? Maybe I could give you a hand sometime. I'm pretty bored over the summer right now and I always love to help out a fellow member.

Muskrat

No kidding, I lived in Jamestown for about 6 months, working a co-op at the Cummin's plant.

Was actually up that way a few weeks ago for the Great Valley Regatta.

boostedinaz

Holy crap. The first thing I would do is quit typing like a highschool girl texting her friends about how hunky Bobby looks today. There is no excuse for it and it will keep people from helping you.

vapid

word

rgeier11

Holla, you shuld buy the fast and Furious Supra 10 second car and just not drive it as fast. You will go 12's easy then!

steve

:facepalm: Please make an effort to use punctuation, sentences, and proper spelling. Most of our members will not be apt to help you because your posts are a chore to interpret.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned