The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The not so newb; Newbie.

willyp20

My name is Paul and I have been into DSM's for awhile now. I currently have a 90 GS-T that is mildly built and am going tomorrow to pick up my first GVR4. Looking for info and maybe even a few friends. John(9t1tsi) gave me the heads up about this forum. Looking forward to interacting with everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

steve

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the org. If your looking for a new croud, you won't find a better group of guys than this. Not to mention the knowledge on this forum. Definitely hands down the best forum on the net. If you can't fix your 4g63 here, sell it.

broxma

Do you know which one you are picking up or is it still a mystery?
Also, ignore any advice I give unless verified through someone else. I am prone to yanking chains.

Welcome to the Board.

/brox

willyp20

As of this morning it is a mystery still. But tonight it will all become clear. Have the truck and trailer ready to go so when I get home from work Were hopping in it and rockin. If I get home early enough I will post some pics of it.

broxma

Send the VIN to Iceman. He is the VIN GUY Round these parts. Plus, it allows us to keep track of the known cars and pinpoint your location in case we need to "take care of you". I learned that one the hard way.

/brox

Boostdtalon

Quoting willyp20:
794/1000 is the number. No sunroof and 5speed. Is there a # decoder to see what options were on the car?

the only option difference is sunroof or no sunroof that i know of. besides that everything is the same for all GVR-4's.

JSchleim18

Check the silver plate on the firewall...it should have a color code and an options (CD, equalizer, sunroof) code as well.

glad to see you joined the board. These guys will help you with any questions you have. Great group!

toybreaker

iconoclast
Some assembly required. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

willyp20

My engine out of my gst is going in it. Forged pistons and rods with a hx35 on it. So cut alot of tear down out of it for me. Couldnt asK for much more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
Couldnt as for much more!

A "k" or two, and you'll be good to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

willyp20

Oh no. Wont be spending that much. My wife will have my ass. I have already dropped about 3k on my cars this year. She wants a fence around the yard.I All that I am going to need major is a clutch. I have everything else already from the gst.

willyp20

Damn and I normally do better then that, Went right over my head. Feel like a jack ass now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
We don't take grammar and spelling "two" seriously here, I was just funnin ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Welcome to the board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rheckert

Quoting willyp20:
Damn and I normally do better then that, Went right over my head. Feel like a jack ass now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Don't be to hard on yourself. So far it looks like you know how to use capital letters as well as puncuation. That is more then some people have been able to figure out. You will fit in just fine around here, oh and Welcome!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned