The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window tint

1qkfwd

Anyone here know of a good tint shop in the bakersfield area. Im looking to get my windows redone. I'll have some time while cruising through.

MellowVR4

Not to go off your subject, but does anybody think mercedez benz blue tint on my galant would look nice. so im debating if i should get that or just regular black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The mercedez tint only come in 50% and if i get the black shade tint i was thinking a 35%. IDK what to do.

It's all a matter of opinion. When you say "blue" tint, I assume your talking about the factory chrome style tint that Mercedez use's. IMO, 35 and 50% both are to mild.
What color's your galant?

Last edited by a moderator:

1qkfwd

Just go 5% all the way around.

MellowVR4

Quoting Dbossman:
It's all a matter of opinion. When you say "blue" tint, I assume your talking about the factory chrome style tint that Mercedez use's. IMO, 35 and 50% both are to mild.
What color's your galant?

grey, yea that bluesh really light tint. About the 5% tint, thats mega hood i've had that before on other cars and always got pulled over, within a week of putting them on. I dont know i guess im peranoid and plus i dont like all that dark.

35% sounds like a perfect match for you. I agree, 5% is definitely ghetto fab unless hung on a limo, were it's meant for. It's a bitch to try and see out your back glass with limo tint on it, get pulled by the Po is no fun(of course, I have a window tint perscription, so I can get any tint legally), but who wants pulled over by every cop on the force until they all realize your legal? Any good tint shop will have examples to show you to assit your decision. Good luck, and post a pic once you get it done.
As for the original poster of this thread, I don't think anybody knows a good shop there. If so, there not telling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MellowVR4

Yea thats what ill probly end up doin.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Usually the tint film that tint shops have are pretty good tint, they wont fade or nothing most of the shops will give lifetime warranty on their tint. Now if you start buying tint from walmart, autozone or anything like that, 9 times out of 10 it will fade and look purple. Not cool, so in my opinion i think brand does matter. I really dont know the names of them, but what ever the shops carry seems to work excelent.

Usually 5,10,and 15yr. on the warranty in my experiance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Solar Guard my tint guy's sware by.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

My galant came with that blue/purple tint when I first bought it. It was disgusting, I hated it and removed it shortly after and replaced it with 20% all around. My S4 has 5% all around, I don't have a problem seeing out (its a matter of getting used to it) and never got pulled over for it in the 5 months I've had it. Never got pulled over for the tint in the galant either.

MellowVR4

IDK man i think its because im browned skined /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif they pull me over all the time thats why i just stick with 35%.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned