The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

!991 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

belize1334

link
Should be a n/a 4g63 making 135-145hp depending on the year. Front wheel drive with manual transmission optional. Electronic suspension and abs standard.

cspetros

There's a member on here (his username is "GSR" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) that owns(ed) one of them. Here are some pics of his: GSR's GSR

They have the same bumper covers and side panels as the other non-turbo DOHC Galants (GS, GSX), in addition to the features mentioned above.

Another guy on here, maroonmetallic, had an uber-nice GSR that was Sable Black with Kensington Grey side trim and bumper covers. Definitely nice looking, but last I heard it had a lot of rust issues and he was parting it out.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

maroonmetallic's gsr is gone. tried to steal his rear light panel friday but didn't get far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it was a very nice car

maroonmetallic

Despite "popular beliefs" (aka newbs) the GSR is indeed NOT identical to a VR4.
Sad, I know. But they did come to the US w/ some features that the VR4 was never optioned with HERE.
Electronic-controlled steering & suspension to name a few.

Also, the car described above has been parted & sent away.
Search my name if you want to see pics of mine.
Or, PM me if you want more info.

-Shawn

fuel

no VR-4s anywhere in the world had ECS or EPS.

misterfixit

Indeed, they were only ever fitted to 2wd cars

Rich

91GSR

the gsr is not that bad of a ride. mine lasted quite a while for how much i paid for it. the 91 come with 145 to the crank if i remember correctly and they are very much underrated for what they are. its the same motor/drivetrain as the eclipse/talon etc...but nobody expects it cz its a grocery getter. thats actually the car that got me into the vr4 to begin with. if u need any help with anything there are a few of us gsr guys still on the board. i totalled mine when the abs proportioning valve decided to eff up and i slid into the back of a honda civic. now i have an srt-4 :p my ecs never worked but if it works in that one then honestly its a wonderful feature. it basically pushes fluid into the shocks to change ride height/ride feel. my steering power thing worked and a few vr4 guys like to get the switch and use it for other stuff to keep with a more "period" look.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts