The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

moving maf

Hey guys just a quick question about moving the maf to the intercooler piping right after the bov. Would there be any ill effects to doing this? Would I need to doing anything else as far as tuning and stuff? thanks

Andy_S

Can't do it with a stock maf. The only maf you could put post-turbo would be the gm maf. That would also need to be accompanied by a maf translator so your car can run it. You would be looking at around $100 to $200 for a setup like that.

ok that makes sense. thank you. all im really looking for is to run the bov 100% atmosphere. i know that the air is suppost to recirulate back into the in take and that the ecu compensates for that but would i be able to get the car for run good using just my safc to correct for the venting air?

Lonewolf64

Quoting wickedwrx:
ok that makes sense. thank you. all im really looking for is to run the bov 100% atmosphere. i know that the air is suppost to recirulate back into the in take and that the ecu compensates for that but would i be able to get the car for run good using just my safc to correct for the venting air?

The short answer is no. Your SAFC can't correctly compensate for metered air being released to atmosphere.

ok thank you. now would the GM maf and maf translator be like a plug and play sort of deal or do you have to tune for that? can i run that in conjunction with my keydiver chip and safc?

The GM MAF and Translator is rarely plug-n-play. The output Hz can vary 20-30% depending how the MAF is mounted, what diameter pipes or adapters you use, and if there are any bends near the MAF.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts