The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HG/ARP's

solidviper89

I'm in the process of doing my first HG job, not because I need it but because I have some ARP's I want to put in and fix a few oil leaks coming from the head(CAS seal, Camshaft seals, VC halfmoon).

Should I take the head off and take it to resurface? What about my block? I want to run a felpro $30 gasket from Vatozone, I heard they are rebadged OEM ones idk.

I'm going to buy all felpro gaskets. I plan on dropping DP, disconnecting oil/water lines of turbo, all lines wires at the throttle body and intake manifold, and just pulling the head up with exh and intake manifold still attached +turbo (I can do polish spec maneuvering)... Is this a good idea, or should I just separate the manifolds off the head?

I'm shooting to one day get a e316g(i'm on 14b now) and run it at around 22-23psi, is the felpro going to work?

Lucas03ES

I have read you do not need to pull the head to install ARPs, just have to do them one at a time.

524of1000

I recomend pulling the head out. It will make it a bit easier. Dont need to disconnect water lines, just drain the coolant and remove the top radiator hose and disconnect the oil line from the head to thet turbo (at the head) unbolt the turbo from the manifold... you know what, Just bring it over ya freakin nerd. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

If your goinig through the trouble of pulling the head and putting ARP studs, why not spend the extra money on a MLS head gasket. Its reusrable ,and then when you get your e316g at 22 psi theres no worries?

donniekak

I run a 16g at 30 psi on a felpro and stock headbolts. The stock 6-bolt headbolts are easilty as strong as the seven bolt arp's, probably stronger, they are way bigger.

SmoothCustomer

It's not size it's material and hardening. Those head bolts will stretch at that kind of pressure. You might not notice it for a while but it will happen.

+1^^ Besides, who said anything about seven bolt studs? Our motors are six bolt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned