The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fpr soleniod laying around?

gmp

as the title says does anybody maybe have a spare fpr solenoid laying aound that is known good?
I think mine isn't working i have a cyclone intake mani on, and it doesn't seem to activate. I have try'd a new
canister,also a new cyclone wg looking thing but they seem to be in good working order. Which leaves me
think this thing is the reason maybe im on a road trip around the state's and i can't find them in any junk yard i have visited.

Any help would be awesome thank's
Anybody..

Gary

Green Dot One..

Barnes

Have you tried putting 12v directly on the solenoid to see if it actuates? You could also rent/buy a brake bleeder vacuum pump and check to make sure the actuator and canister are good.

Brunoboy

does it work from a TEL? if it does, im going to go to the junkyard and get one as well lol.
-shane

Yes, the DSM FPR solenoid is the same. But, you can actually use other solenoids if you can't find one, and just drill a small hole on the back side where the air filter usually is.
How are you activating the Cyclone? How are you testing it?

Brunoboy

not to thread jack, but do you need the fpr solenoid if you upgrade to a AFPR?
-shane

Every car seems to be different. Some people can get used to the car idling rough for 10-15 seconds after a hot start, others seem to be affected worse. The AFPR probably won't change anything, possibly even make the problem worse, as the fuel pressure will be lower, where it belongs.

gmp

Quoting keydiver:
Yes, the DSM FPR solenoid is the same. But, you can actually use other solenoids if you can't find one, and just drill a small hole on the back side where the air filter usually is.
How are you activating the Cyclone? How are you testing it?

Well i have been testing it like how you said in this thread at the bottom and well i figured why not try a known good soleniod too.
But end the end its probley just bad wiring like always for 213 even if everything is snuffed up right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

gmp

Quoting Hertz:
If this is a WTB thread, you should post in Parts Wanted to Buy, not here.

Sorry hertz if this is in the wrong thread, but it was more of a plea for help kinda.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But how is the Cyclone being triggered? Do you have one of my chips or what? Many of my chips are setup so that they Cyclone secondaries only opens if the car is moving.

gmp

oh sorry jeff,
yeah i have one of your chips and its set to trigger at 4100rpm's while driving.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts