The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vr4 in the build from down under

prove_it

That bottom end is stupid bada**!! wow that should hold up well. Good luck!

Terrance362

Wow you should not have any bottom end problems at all. Where did you get your mains from???? They are stupid nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

866galant

I like the vanity plates on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif cool how you guys get the wiper in the back too.Nice build btw

VR42LT

Parts List-

Billet main caps
Billet crank (knife edged)
ARP 1/2 inch mains
ROSS pistons
PAR rods
Main Girdle
1mm oversized valves
ARP head studs
Heavier springs
Crower cams
Fidanza cam gears
Ported head
Billet turbo from MR TURBO
Hypertune inlet manifold and throtle body
6BOOST exhaust manifold
50mm wastegate
Twin plate clutch
Chrome everything

Thats pretty much it for now.

Last edited:

boostedinaz

Is the crank actually billet or just a forged crank that was knife edged? Not a fan of the chrome but other wise a very nice build.

VR42LT

Yeah the crank is billet the same material as the end caps all of it is cnc machined, the chrome wasnt a priority at the time but the bug hit me after i did a few little things and before i knew it i was unbolting everything to go to the chromer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

rgeier11

That intake manifold is absolutely awesome. I don't know how it performs, but it looks beautiful. Tell me more about the billet turbo. Is the center section billet, or the wheels, because the wheels look like they were cast, not machined on a 5-axis.

VR42LT

Yeah inlet is great quality of work very nice and pricey too about 2500 Australian dollars thats with the throttle body. The "Billet" turbo has cast wheels and you are right its the core that is billet and you can get them in a variety of colours, it has some special bearings in it aswell that help it spool up faster than any other turbo, Here is a link click

Excellent looking build. Definitely well put together. That turbo's the sh*t. Is that original paint?

VR42LT

Quoting porcaro:
What manufacture is your crank and your main caps?

A company here in Australia makes them for an Americian company over there, I got mine through my mechanic here in Australia who knows the manufacturer personally.

VR42LT

Quoting Dbossman:
Excellent looking build. Definitely well put together. That turbo's the sh*t. Is that original paint?

Hey thanks for that all credit to the boys at the shop though! Paint has had a flow coat about 10 years ago. It helps that it has always been garaged since 1992.

Street Surgeon

Quoting VR42LT:
Quoting porcaro:
What manufacture is your crank and your main caps?

A company here in Australia makes them for an Americian company over there, I got mine through my mechanic here in Australia who knows the manufacturer personally.

So what's the company's name? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Really, really nice build!

DougPorcaro

Looks very similar to the Magnus race crank which he sells for $3000 in 7 bolt form. Those "PAR" rods also greatly resemble the Magnus "I" beam billet rods. He also uses ROSS pistons and sells them as Magnus. So it looks like you have what we would call a complete Magnus rotating assembly. You also probably payed half as much as any of us could. click

bazeng

I believe PAR make the rods for MAGNUS.

As for the crank?? Not too sure.. unless it is the same story?!?!

Street Surgeon

Correct, PAR does indeed make the rods for Magnus, the crank.... I wish I knew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts