The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AWD vs FWD dsm suspension

Whoodoo

Whats the difference? I bought some dsm rear shock lower mounts from a guy but he sent me the wrong thing. Is it possible these are from a FWD DSM?
Here's what I wanted

Here's what I got

bazeng

FWD's have larger holes in the bush than an AWD.

I tried to run my VR4 (awd) stuff in the AMG (fwd) and found the problem above.

Whoodoo

Quoting thedsmguy:
Looks like its the bushings only?

Its too small. There is a rubber bushing and a skinnier metal ring around it. It definitely is not from an AWD 1g rear strut. Im just trying to figure out what the hell it is because at this point I paid quite a few bucks for straight up sh*t that will never be used by anyone.

496of2000

Fwd rear shocks are shorter.

THe shorter one on the right is from my 1990 fwd. Left is 1991 vr-4. Bushings should be the same.

Last edited:

Whoodoo

hmmmm... then who the hell knows what this guy sent me. Luckily he is willing to refund my money less the shipping he already paid for. Thanks for the replies

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned