The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

213 saw the sea

gmp

I've been road tripping for the last month in my galant. So far i have only done about 2500 miles
but today i finally made it to the beach. I never thought this day would come when 213 could feel
the sea breeze and experience 10ft above sea level man is she fast hahah.
Over the next couple months im going to be doing more traveling, and i hope to make a thread
about it all 2500 and still running knock on wood...

Also the last picture is of a truck on a lonely strip of the beach it's crazy to think "ike"
only hit a year ago, and so much stuff on here still looks this.

381gvr4

Thats awesome!! Keep us posted..... Daily pic???

4thStroke

Did you take it out in the sand?

One of the most enjoyable times in 786 was when I had it out on the beach. I swear the car was completely turned 90* but still traveling in a straight line. It was a riot. Manifold and turbo was glowing completely red. Then a I blew the stock intercooler piping and limped home with it wrapped in duct tape.

gmp

Nice! na i haven't gotten a chance to take it on the sand, but it has seen its fair share of dirt roads back home. And shifts from 2-3 sideways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ducttapeguy

Thats a sweet looking Galant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif What mods are you running? Im going to be making a long trip in the near future with my VR4. Have you had any hiccups along the way?

gmp

No problems yet,
mods are keydiver stg3 chip,e16g, evo 560's,2gmaf,wally 255 pump,Big fmic 2.5 piping, 3in catless to magnaflow muffler.
I have been running around 16-18lbs daily and it seems to be happy to be at sea level.And i just got a data logger just incase i figured
why not see what she's thinking.

It's funny cause before this trip i was having doubts in it, cause it seemed everyday a new problem would arise.
I guess i got the bugs worked out or so i seems haha so far... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
Trust me when it was shipped here from Japan it saw plenty of the sea.

donkeylips

Yeah but not as much as those Mazdas did a few years ago.

Thats sweet........I envy you. I want to just take off on a nice long road trip, but haven't been able to. Keep us posted with new pics.

dsmless

If you keep ontop of the maintance you can drive it cross country, 96 has seen DC, the great lakes, the gulf of mexico states, the rockys, snow storms, thick butter like fog, rain storms, hail storms, been in negative 10 and plus 100 degree weather, have driven it cross country 5 times, all without a hickup just gas and go, just to show you what these beasties can do, the loud exhaust does et annoying though after the first 300 miles and the stiff suspensin hurts when you get into the 1000 mile marker

Nice!
My engine should be good, its the damn rear steer lines getting a new leak everytime it's driven. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Patch one get another. I need to regain access to a lift so I can install the lines I have had sitting on my porch for months.

dsmless

dude just throw up on jack stands and get it done, it is very nice to just cruise in our cars, open them up on the freeways, and hear the exhaust and bov against canyons and tunnels

gmp

very true! some of the flat middle of nowhere roads in texas where fun "pedal to the carpet fun!!!!"

It's a pretty rough job I'm told to do I'm the driveway considering I have to change the hard pressure line that goes from the front to the back.

gmp

my hard line's were missings from the aws to begin with. So i just replaced the rearend on mine, and capped/welded the bolts for the rack.I haven't had any problems since but one day i would love to install a manuel rack. Yao on the board has one on his dd and it seems to be pretty easy to handle.

The_Big_Weave

Quoting donkeylips:
Yeah but not as much as those Mazdas did a few years ago.

That was Exactly 3 years ago yeasterday

dsmless

i have a manuel rck in 96 is okay but would likr to go back to ps if i could source all the parts, sucks tring to parellel park or drive around town

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thats why I'm trying to keep the PS and 4WS. Plus in roughly another year our cars will be literally classics(20years old). It's prooven, a classic's value not only jumps, it makes a differance what is stock and what isn't. And the fact if you have the ability to make it stock again. These factors make any "classic" vehicle worth that much more. That is......unless your a recovering rice addict.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned